Z-Wave Aeon Energy Monitor not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rob,

The driver download file contains an executable. You need to extract it and change the extension to .exe and then run it.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al. I didn't see that when I searched. I had wondered why the file extension was .rar.

Rob
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Thanks Al. I didn't see that when I searched. I had wondered why the file extension was .rar.

Rob
        If you don't have a utility to open .rar files, download one called 7-Zip. You can open the .rar with it and then extract the executable.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

I'm terribly sorry, but I don't know what app you are referring to....
          I updated mine tonight and took a couple of screenshots. Yes, the downloaded file is a .rar, so you'll need to unpack that like Al said. After mine unzipped it assigned it a .ex_ which I had to rename to .exe. Maybe that's a Mac thing.

I moved the file to my HS box where the HEM was hooked up with the USB cable and I had installed batteries. Just run the program and hit update. A bar will go across as it progresses then it will show update successful.

When I put it back in operation, I had to the device's zwave screen and hit Rescan before the newer firmware version 3.64, would show in the device info screen.

Recheck your settings are the way you want after the update.

I ended up removing the device and rescanning/adding it.

Hope this helps!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by email68; May 11, 2016, 10:46 PM.
          -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
          Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Great guys... thanks. I did get to the application part. I also got the extension of .ex_ which I renamed. I just haven't had a chance to do the update yet...
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

So I finally got around to updating the firmware. On the plus side, I can now read the battery level - it actually reports back 100%.
              On the downside, when I try and fully optimize it, I get the following in the log.
              I've tried more than once after a rescan which reports fw 3.64.

Reported values are also way out of wack!

May-20 7:51:29 PM Z-Wave Error Device Power Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node 9 Root Optimization succeeded, Add Route experienced a failure.

May-20 7:51:29 PM Z-Wave Warning Delete (current) Return Routes for Power Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node 9 Root (9) failed, Add Return Route will not be attempted.

Any hints on handling this?

Robert

Comment

So I finally got around to updating the firmware. On the plus side, I can now read the battery level - it actually reports back 100%.
                On the downside, when I try and fully optimize it, I get the following in the log.
                I've tried more than once after a rescan which reports fw 3.64.

Reported values are also way out of wack!

May-20 7:51:29 PM Z-Wave Error Device Power Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node 9 Root Optimization succeeded, Add Route experienced a failure.

May-20 7:51:29 PM Z-Wave Warning Delete (current) Return Routes for Power Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node 9 Root (9) failed, Add Return Route will not be attempted.

Any hints on handling this?

Robert
                Hi Rob, I have seen the issue with strange values as well. Excluding it and re-including fixed it for me. I haven't had an issue with optimizing mine.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Hi Rob, I have seen the issue with strange values as well. Excluding it and re-including fixed it for me. I haven't had an issue with optimizing mine.

Cheers
                  Al
                  Yup. Me too. And it still acts weird giving random 0 watts when the power is clearly flowing. Starting to think aeon gears kinda cheap....
                  -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                  Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                    Yup. Me too. And it still acts weird giving random 0 watts when the power is clearly flowing. Starting to think aeon gears kinda cheap....
                    I haven't seen that issue on mine (I have 4).

Comment

Thanks,

When you say exclude it/include it - do you mean to remove the node then re-
                      add it?

Robert

Comment

Thanks,

When you say exclude it/include it - do you mean to remove the node then re-
                        add it?

Robert
                        Yes.

Comment

Actually... how do you do that with this device? There's no button for this...

Comment

Actually... how do you do that with this device? There's no button for this...
                            There's a button in the battery compartment.

Comment

Ah thanks... that fixed it!

Comment

Working...
                              X