Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob having a tough time with new setup

Hi Guys,
    Just got the S6 Pro setup and think I setup the z net (Ethernet box correctly because I see it in the interface and the light is green). I have a dimmer installed, but I cannot get the zwave to work (and have never setup a zwave device). I keep reading about an inclusion mode, but cannot find how to put it in inclusion mode? Also, what am I putting in inclusion mode the dimmer, the znet Ethernet box, or the hometroller? I searched the forums and with it being a Sunday no joy on tech support, so hoping someone on here can shed some light? Thanks.
    Joe

Hi Joe,

In the web interface, go to Plugins - Z-Wave - Controller Management. Click on the arrow to expand the Z-Wave Interfaces section and then under Actions, select Add/Include a Node. Put your device into inclusion mode (check the manual for whatever device you are adding) and then click on the Start button in the Controller Management web page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1184375

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

First of all, what kind of device are you trying to connect?

Second, go to plugins, Z-Wave, controller management, actions dropdown and select add/remove a node to include or exclude a device. After you do that you quickly put your device in its include/exclude mode. For a light switch this usually entails just turning it on or off.

Does that help?

Welcome to HomeSeer!
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thank you guys, sorry I am using the homeseer dimmer wd100+. I did what was explained above but the dimmer instructions don't explain how to put the dimmer into inclusion mode? Also, for clarity, I am using the S6 Pro and the Znet ethernet adapter. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joecam View Post
          Thank you guys, sorry I am using the homeseer dimmer wd100+. I did what was explained above but the dimmer instructions don't explain how to put the dimmer into inclusion mode? Also, for clarity, I am using the S6 Pro and the Znet ethernet adapter. Thanks again.

I believe you just single-click the switch. Try pressing Start first and then clicking the switch. If that does not work try the Remove/Exclude a Node option first, then click the switch. If that worked try the Add/Include process again.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Will try that. Thank you for the quick reply.

Comment

for the new homeseer switches make sure you have the latest plugin for zwave installed.
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
              X