I Need Help With Touch Pad And HS3 Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Help With Touch Pad And HS3 Integration

I am posting here in the general discussion area hoping that I can get help with my touch pad integration with HomeSeer. It has been hit or miss posting in the sub forums.

I was using HS2 with MainLobby and a touch pad until late last year when I rebuilt my system from scratch using HS3 (A fresh install of HS3, not an upgrade). I have two Amazon Fire Tablets, one Ipad and my Android phone I would like to get working.

I had everything working for about two months and then devices started disappearing and others would not respond to touch of buttons across all four devices. I updated my HSTouch server plugin from a BETA 71 which I was on after talking with customer service about getting the touch pads working initially. I purchased the HSTouch Designer but am only using it on one of the devices, all others are stock HSTouch at this time. I am not using User Access Levels since that was a problem when I spoke with HS support.

My issues are that the on/off buttons do not control devices when pushed (all sliders seems to be working though), some devices do not show controls (only "no status" message when selected), some devices only show by node and not name, the heating control only shows any data about half the time and is very slow to load although everything works when it does have data. Below is my system information. Please help! Thank you.

Current Date/Time: 4/19/2016 11:58:07 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.208
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 16 Hours 2 Minutes 46 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.0.54
    Number of Devices: 82
    Number of Events: 99

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.23.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.39: weatherXML
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.1.25: Z-Wave

I will add that although I am on the stable 3.0.0.68 HSTouch Server release, I have tried 5-6 BETA releases without much success. I have all devices updated to the most recent HSTouch version. I have fiddled with it for months and have hit a dead end. This is the last major piece to get working on my system rebuild.

Comment

Try this:

Save your HomeSeer folder first, install the latest beta HStouch server plugin (I'm using 3.0.0.97), install HStouch designer ( I have 3.0.49) and of course update all your clients to the latest version.
      Now open up the designer and on the tools menu go through the settings proccess as if it was your first time by clicking on each and confirming them. In the settings make sure the designer auto connects to HomeSeer when it starts and try and use the local connection. Also deploy your same projects to the tablets as if it was the first time.
      I can't confirm that any new files get moved arround during the updates but this is what I did to solve the designer freezing. In the designer is where your projects are kept. If the designer is running smooth then the clients will run smooth provided you have good WAN/LAN and WiFi connections.

F.Y.I: I use Windows Server 2012 R2 for the HomeSeer Server and Windows 10 for the designer. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Eman
      Last edited by Eman; August 15, 2016, 09:38 AM.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        Try this:

Save your HomeSeer folder first, install the latest beta HStouch server plugin (I'm using 3.0.0.97), install HStouch designer ( I have 3.0.49) and of course update all your clients to the latest version.
        Now open up the designer and on the tools menu go through the settings proccess as if it was your first time by clicking on each and confirming them. In the settings make sure the designer auto connects to HomeSeer when it starts and try and use the local connection. Also deploy your same projects to the tablets as if it was the first time.
        I can't confirm that any new files get moved arround during the updates but this is what I did to solve the designer freezing. In the designer is where your projects are kept. If the designer is running smooth then the clients will run smooth provided you have good WAN/LAN and WiFi connections.

F.Y.I: I use Windows Server 2012 R2 for the HomeSeer Server and Windows 10 for the designer. I don't know if that has anything to with it.

Eman
        I use windows 8.1 for the HomeSeer server and Designer (different computers). I will try what you suggest this weekend and post again. I am really disappointed at the poor touch pad capability of HomeSeer after using MainLobby which worked well.

Comment

install HStouch designer ( I have 3.0.49)
          Where can i find that version. Currently using .30 and it keeps crashing all the time

Comment

Originally posted by renevk View Post
            Where can i find that version. Currently using .30 and it keeps crashing all the time
            Here : http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180150

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
            X