Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reddit Survey

Hi all,

There's a survey on reddit right now about what people are using for HA systems and HS is gathering quite a few votes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomat...ort_questions/

The votes kind of surprised me as there are typically a lot of people talking about Wink, SmartThings and OpenHAB there with HS typically being mentioned as good but expensive.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Yea I saw this and votes myself. Doesn't surprise me though. I read from time to time there and they mainly seem to be focused on cheap and open source. Eventually they will learn (like I did coming from Vera) you get what you pay for.

Comment

I voted here too.

I agree with Wayne.

Many folks there are looking to remote control (and use the term automate) whatever using their cell phone.

If it beyond the KISS /easy button methodology then it becomes a difficult task.

Well that and I truly believe when a wireless switch is mentioned; then the assumption is that we now have wireless electricity.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Results are here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qbi...p=form_confirm
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I like the results I see.

Personally would have liked multiple choices. (due to my tinkering).

My base today is Homeseer and the Leviton OmniPro 2.

I do have other devices on separate interfaces today like for example 3 Almond + devices, OpenHab, HomeGenie tinkering stuff...et al...which are using separate automation controllers / networks et al...

Well went back and redid survey for each of my tinkering automation devices.

Next to post comments under the survey....
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Just noticed that the survey got spammed...

I personally revisited the survey and posted that I also utilize my OP2, HomeGenie, et ...one survey replace for everything I am tinkering with then posted a comment.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; April 20, 2016, 01:03 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Just noticed that the survey got spammed...

I personally revisited the survey and posted that I also utilize my OP2, HomeGenie, et ...one survey replace for everything I am tinkering with then posted a comment.
              It is interesting to look at the spreadsheet he posted from before the bots started spamming the results. It looks like HomeSeer was well-represented, if not dominating - much to the chagrin of the Reddit regulars.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I used to post stuff a while ago and have not recently.

I was impressed with the results when I first looked at the survey.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Wow, does that really represent the Reddit HA demography?
                  I'd think SmartThings or OpenHAB users would dominate there.
                  HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I have a second survey here

Comment

Working...
                    X