Will these work with HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these work with HS?

Has anyone figured out how to use these in HS so I don't have to throw them away? I had Wink and switched to HS.

http://www.wink.com/products/ge-link...ted-led-bulbs/

Thanks
    Tony

Jowihue plugin and hue bridge.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

The Hue bridge won't connect to lights from other brands any longer. I have mostly Hue but I also have GE Link, TCP Connected, and Commercial Electric lights. I plan to either root Wink or use Tasker to control Wink but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Comment

Yes it will. Philips reverted after customer backlash.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Yes it will. Philips reverted after customer backlash.
          How would I get them to work?

Comment

Thank you. I hadn't seen that announcement. I just connected three GE downlights to my Hue bridge. No luck so far with the TCP Connected or Commercial Electric lights but it is hard to link any light to at least my Hue bridge, even after factory resetting the light. I will have to keep working that. I had to get out a 50 foot ethernet cable and temporarily move my bridge to the kitchen to get it to register the GE Link lights.

To answer the question above you link them the same way as Philips lights. In the Hue app go Settings: My Lights: Connect New Lights: Auto Search.
            Last edited by mikaluch; April 24, 2016, 02:16 AM. Reason: Added answer

Comment

No problem. I use a few link bulbs on my hue bridge. When I add new bulbs I just plug in a table lamp near the bridge and add them there, then move them to where I want them.

Comment

After further investigation the TCP Connected bulbs are not Zigbee so the Hue bridge won't be adding those. The Commercial Electric are theoretically Zigbee but I haven't found any posts anywhere that anyone has been able to connect them to Hue bridge. I have not either.

Looks like the old Winkster could still be in for a rooting.

Comment

Working...
                X