Schlage Lock Wont let me set new PIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Lock Wont let me set new PIN

I have a big dilemma. I Need to set a new pin but for some reason My schlage lock keeps sending back an error message: "There was an error retrieving the user code information - please try again."

Here's were the dilemma comes in play: Its a rental property in a different state meaning I dont have physical access to the Lock. Beside giving my property manager instructions on how to manually change the pin is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

If you successfully help me Ill buy you a 6-pack of beer as a token of my appreciation!

Here what Iv done: all with no luck
    1. Rescan:
    message returned - "Rescan of Upstairs Foyer IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 18 Root finished.
    Check the log for warnings or errors."

2. Test connectivity:
    message returned - "Successfully sent a frame to node 18 (Upstairs Foyer IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 18 Root) which was acknowledged."

3. Optimize:
    message returned - "Optimization succeeded"

4. Full optimize:
    message returned - "Optimization succeeded"

5. Audit node:
    message returned -

Auditing node 18 (Upstairs Foyer IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 18 Root) ...

HomeSeer was able to send a frame to the node.
    HomeSeer was able to query the node and receive information back from it.
    The node's neighbor rating is: Excellent with 11 neighbors.
    Neighboring nodes to Upstairs Foyer IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 18 Root:
    Node 1 Hallway Zwave Interface. (Node 1)
    Upstairs Hallway Trane Corp Thermostat Node 2 Root (Node 2)
    Basment Basment living room Basment door Aux switch (Node 3)
    Basement Basement living room Basement Front Dimmer (Node 5)
    Basement Basement living room Basement Back Dimmer (Node 6)
    Basement Basement hallway Bottom stairs light (Node 7)
    Upstairs Hallway Hallway light (Node 8)
    Upstairs Hallway Chandelier Aux Switch (Node 9)
    Upstairs Dinning Room Dinning Table light (Node 13)
    Upstairs Foyer Chandelier (Node 14)
    Upstairs Porch Porch Light (Node 15)
    This node supports associations on the following groups:
    Node is missing Association Groups information.
    Finished!

6. Restart the hometrollerSEL

7. Full Rescan of existing device via Z-NET

ALL WITH NO LUCK

Other details that may help:
    See 3 pictures below
    Lock in question: IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 18 Root

Current Date/Time: 5/4/2016 8:12:32 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.208
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 17 Days 0 Hours 40 Minutes 42 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 36
    Number of Events: 13
    Attached Files

Do you have remote access to the server (other than the web interface)? One thing to try if you can is shutting down the z-wave plugin and then editing the Z-Wave.ini file. There should be a section called [z-wave]. In it, add an entry
    Response_Wait=16000 or increase the value if it's already there. If the section is not there add it and the setting in and restart the plugin. Try changing the code again after.

I know this setting was used in HS2, but I don't know if the HS3 plugin actually uses this, but it's worth a shot. I added it to my z-wave.ini file when I first migrated from HS2 to HS3.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
        Version: 3.0.1.76
        Last edited by Igorski88; May 6, 2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Do you have remote access to the server (other than the web interface)? One thing to try if you can is shutting down the z-wave plugin and then editing the Z-Wave.ini file. There should be a section called [z-wave]. In it, add an entry
          Response_Wait=16000 or increase the value if it's already there. If the section is not there add it and the setting in and restart the plugin. Try changing the code again after.

I know this setting was used in HS2, but I don't know if the HS3 plugin actually uses this, but it's worth a shot. I added it to my z-wave.ini file when I first migrated from HS2 to HS3.

Cheers
          Al

I guess technically I do have access remotely If I use the tools>system>Linux tools right?

Comment

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
            I guess technically I do have access remotely If I use the tools>system>Linux tools right?
            Possibly. I haven't used the linux version of HS so not sure what Tools are available that way.

Comment

I have heard that sometimes the IR Security Safety feature interferes with this process. Has anyone heard anything similar or how to work around it.

Comment

Cheers
                Al
                With the help of BLEditor plugin I was able to add the entry, but it did not solve the problem.

Comment

With the help of BLEditor plugin I was able to add the entry, but it did not solve the problem.
                  Wasn't sure it was going to work, but worth a shot. Did you restart the z-wave plugin after?

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Wasn't sure it was going to work, but worth a shot. Did you restart the z-wave plugin after?

Cheers
                    Al
                    It was worth a try. By the way I am very appreciative for your help!

Restart as in turn it back on or go in and restart the interface?

Comment

It was worth a try. By the way I am very appreciative for your help!

Restart as in turn it back on or go in and restart the interface?
                      No problem. I meant disabling the z-wave plugin and then re-enabling it.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Working...
                      X