How many people use Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people use Homeseer

Is there a count of how many people have active homeseer systems running?

Not that I'm aware of but this is an intriguing question. I'm not sure there's an accurate way to determine this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think it's hard to tell. We're told that customers:

--come here for support
      --call in for phone support
      --never need/use support

HST probably has a "best guess" by looking at sales figures, but it would be hard to speculate here on the message board stats alone.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Since you can run HomeSeer locally without connecting to a cloud based service, it would be difficult to gauge the current active users.

The closest you can do this is if you have the paid licenses count.

Comment

Enough to keep us in business for 17 years (and counting). Thank you all very much!

Comment

Originally posted by AndroidDev01 View Post
            Is there a count of how many people have active homeseer systems running?
            6 Billion. Yeah! That's the ticket!

- Tommy Flanagan

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              6 Billion. Yeah! That's the ticket!

- Tommy Flanagan

We're a private company so the information is private. Sorry guys. But... I'd like to say it's 6 billion!

That's my favorite trick. If you preface your comments with "I'd like to say..." and scratch your head and look up while you're saying it... you can truthfully get away with saying anything!

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                We're a private company so the information is private. Sorry guys. But... I'd like to say it's 6 billion!

That's my favorite trick. If you preface your comments with "I'd like to say..." and scratch your head and look up while you're saying it... you can truthfully get away with saying anything!

Is it possible to make a living writing plugins for homeseer? If you think so then number of active potential customers would be a key piece of information to attract developers.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                  Is it possible to make a living writing plugins for homeseer? If you think so then number of active potential customers would be a key piece of information to attract developers.
                  This really depends on the popularity of the plug-ins. Some of the authors do pretty well!

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

That's what I figured.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

I agree, but I don't think this is the place to discuss. Typically a NDA is applicable for this type of information.

---
                      John

Comment

The only other publicly available number I see is on Google Play, where the HSTouch app has between "10,000 to 50,000" installs.

It's conjecture to figure out how many of these are currently active, what percentage uses Google Play (vs. iOS, other OS, or no HSTouch at all).

Comment

It doesn't matter what the real number is. What's important is what you can convince an Ivy League MBA the number is. They don't like the squishy-faced well I don't know thing. Be forceful and decisive. "There are 297,643 users. Plus or minus three. The data is all here with a lot of HARD math. Would you like to review it?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
                            The only other publicly available number I see is on Google Play, where the HSTouch app has between "10,000 to 50,000" installs
                            I've also always used that number as a metric, but now that the OP put out this question, which is a great one and one I've always wondered about, let's keep going with our theories.

I will discount those who don't need any assistance (aka Homeseer savants) to 1-2% of the user base. I believe that 5% (at most) of users would rely solely on phone support, which means that the rest must either rely on the forum (registered user or just guest browsing) or rely on a friend who participates or reads the forum. There are about 5000 registered users of the forum (Community -> Members List). I bet that for every 1 registered user there's 4-5 guests who get enough info to get their system running without having to post. The 5000 encompasses HS2 users who either stayed with HS2 or moved on to HS3. Anyway, that gets us to 25,000.

An alternative metric would be to go by the number of licenses that have been issued. If we're close to 90,000 license IDs, assuming that the first HS license was #1 (assuming that HS2 used the same licensing incrementing technique), assuming less than one thousand refunds, and assuming (yes, lots of assumptions here) that each user has 4 licenses (is that too few, too many?), then we get to around 20,000 users. Of note, conservatively, I think HS issues 1000+ licenses per month based on my own license IDs and when each was obtained.

If I were a gambling man, I'd say 25k users, but would go higher if the license calculation started started at something earlier than ID 1 wrt HS3. Since HSTouch on Google Play says 10k-50k and because that version is only for HS3, and I'm assuming there's a 4:1 ratio of HS3 to HS1 users, then I will assume 12k are on HS3 and 3k are on HS2. Multiply that by two to get the iOS users and we have close to 30k users, but discount that by 5k due to numbnuts downloading the app without even knowing what HS is and we're back to 25k. Of course, I'm sure Mark will neither confirm or deny and this message could self-destruct if I'm right
                            Last edited by sickpuppy; May 18, 2016, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Wow you put a lot of thought into that. My brain is still calming down from that read .

The logic is there though.

Comment

Working...
                              X