HomeSeer WD100+ and Cooper RF9500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer WD100+ and Cooper RF9500

I have a couple of Cooper RF9500 battery switches that I want to start using again with my shiny new WD100+ dimmers.

I have been able to associate them together and the RF9500 nicely controls the WD100+

However, status is not updating on the WD100+ when I control it from the RF9500

Is there anything I can do to solve for this?

Cheers
    James
    cheeryfool

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    I have a couple of Cooper RF9500 battery switches that I want to start using again with my shiny new WD100+ dimmers.

I have been able to associate them together and the RF9500 nicely controls the WD100+

However, status is not updating on the WD100+ when I control it from the RF9500

Is there anything I can do to solve for this?

Cheers
    James

118 views. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
    cheeryfool

Comment

For a temporary fix is there not a way to update status based on a event when aux switch is turned on or off?

I seem to remember this problem when I used a pair of Enterwave switches (main and aux) in a 3 way setup. Only the Main switch would update status and I ended up making an event to update or send an on command after the aux switch was pressed on. Same for off.

You'll have more problems with that on a dimmer switch (mine wasn't), and it's not a permanent fix, but might be a work around for you.

Comment

Using the AUX switches does update the status on the new switches, so the assumption would be this should work as well.

I am trying to do the same thing and I am struggling getting the stupid battery switches to associate properly with the new switch. I finally got it, but pressing up or down is the same. It's more a toggle switch than an on off. And the double/triple tap doesn't work thru it (but wasn't expecting it to).

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          Using the AUX switches does update the status on the new switches, so the assumption would be this should work as well.

I am trying to do the same thing and I am struggling getting the stupid battery switches to associate properly with the new switch. I finally got it, but pressing up or down is the same. It's more a toggle switch than an on off. And the double/triple tap doesn't work thru it (but wasn't expecting it to).

I think the HS accessory switches are communicating via the traveller wire, whilst these RF9500 switches are communicating via ZWave association.
          cheeryfool

Comment

I think the HS accessory switches are communicating via the traveller wire, whilst these RF9500 switches are communicating via ZWave association.
            Yes, but does that stop you from getting an HS update from the RF9500 in homeseer after it's added? Will the Event fix your problem?

Comment

The problem with z-wave association is that the communication is direct between the switches and the controller is not informed. A poll should resolve it as a workaround, but would be great if HS updated the firmware to send a status update to the controller if it received a command from something other than the primary controller.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                The problem with z-wave association is that the communication is direct between the switches and the controller is not informed. A poll should resolve it as a workaround, but would be great if HS updated the firmware to send a status update to the controller if it received a command from something other than the primary controller.

Cheers
                Al
                It should be designed to update the same way that it does from a manual switch press. That does sound like a FW update
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Cheers
                  Al
                  Got it. Didn't know it wouldn't also update HS of it's current status on it's own. When you do Z-wave associations you still have to add both switches to homeseer then setup the associations in Homeseer right. I thought when both switches were added it would show updates and continue even after associations were set. Didn't know it drops HS out of the loop after.

Comment

Working...
                  X