Geofencing with Android ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geofencing with Android ?

I am thinking about jumping ship from Vera Plus to a SEL or S6, not sure yet what I need. One thing I rely on with my Vera is geofencing with my Android phones, turn the heating on/off, lighting when its dark etc. At the moment I use tasker with autolocation plugin, which turns a virtual switch on my Vera for each phone. Then I have other logic to determine what actions to take. I am sure recreating the logic wont be a problem with HS, but can I still use that tasker/autolocation combo or how can I trigger events on HS depending on location ? I only need home/not at home determination for 2 phones

There are a good number of methods in HS to do this, if you want a DIY solution then you can just add to the tasker task an action which hits the HS web server and turns a device on/off (this is what I use to do before I switched to an iPhone), then you have plugins like PHLocation which uses a variety of third party apps (all have various pros/cons) and I use IFTTT (recipe that runs on a geofence and turns a device on/off) just for the sake of ease.

Comment

Ok the more I hear back on the forum here the more it seems HS can do what Vera can. Hopefully a bit more stable. And the forum seems as helpful as the Vera forum. Good news.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        Ok the more I hear back on the forum here the more it seems HS can do what Vera can. Hopefully a bit more stable. And the forum seems as helpful as the Vera forum. Good news.
        If you search for Vera on this forum, the majority of the hits will be from people who have very happily left Vera for HS
        cheeryfool

Comment

FYI :http://store.homeseer.com/store/Task...HS3-P2081.aspx

You will find most of what you want to do with the plugin and maybe more here : http://67.217.100.102/forumdisplay.php?f=1272

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
          X