Energy cost on all devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy cost on all devices

Is there a way that anyone knows of to add the power usage to each device?
    On the Fibaro and Vera I could add say 50watts to a module that didn't have power metering.
    Each time that switch goes on it assumes you are pulling 50watts and adds that to the energy usage profile.

I can't find a was on homeseer to do that. I haven't looked very hard yet. It's a nice to have rather than mega important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
    On the Fibaro and Vera I could add say 50watts to a module that didn't have power metering. Each time that switch goes on it assumes you are pulling 50watts and adds that to the energy usage profile.
    I can't find a was on homeseer to do that.
    I'm not completely clear on what you want to do, but assuming that HS controls the device on/off state or the device reports its state at each transition, then it should be straightforward to use a timer to track the amount of time the device is on and then multiply that by a factor of your choosing to estimate the power used.

Jon00 has a database and graphing utility that could store and display the data in graphical format. AFAIK there is no prepackaged way to consolidate that kind of information for multiple devices, but doing that could make for an entertaining project.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This is standard in Vera and Fibaro.
      I'll have to look into a bit more.

Comment

Look in the how to section. I created a script that does exactly what you are asking for. It allows you to have a watt value for non energy monitoring devices and adds up the kWh usage per device. From there I take all those and add it into a total.

Not near my computer right now, but it's in the how to. Ask there if you have questions.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X