Thermostats zwave vs wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostats zwave vs wifi

I have had a secure zwave programmable thermostat for nearly 3 years along with Danfoss LC13 radiator valves.
    These are on zwave and work well. However, the problem arises when I want to set the set point from hstouch or imperihome for example. The new setpoint is queued up for the next wake up.

This is generally fine but as it isn't instant it gives other users a sense it hasn't worked. Also on occasions it doesn't work.

I have looked at Honeywell radiator valves and Honeywell thermostats, nest etc too.

Now I probably don't need a room thermostat now that can be controlled locally as I can set up schedules and set points in software and control the heating that way.
    Are the wifi stats and valves updated quicker? I have't bought any yet bit wondered if anyone had experience of this.

I am aiming to build the ultimate system I can install and sell to others.

Now I have the raspberry pi working with a touch screen for hstouch I'm getting close to a sellable product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen a stat that wouldn't accept a Z-Wave command immediately. Which exact stat is this?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Both the Danfoss LC13 radiator valves and the Secure SCS317 don't update straight away.
      They are battery powered

Comment

Depending on how reliable how everything else (lights and others) or how far away your controller is. I suggest you throw in a couple of these :https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...-wave+repeater in nearby unused sockets and see what happens before you spend bigger bucks.

Eman.
        Last edited by Eman; May 25, 2016, 02:29 AM.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

The lights and other sensors are all reliable and instant.
          I done more trials yesterday, the radiator valves take the new setpoint straight away but don't update back to hs3 for quite a while.
          The secure thermostat waits until it wakes up to take the new setpoint.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to paste in that link above. Too late it may not make a difference in what you say tested. Could it be the heat messing up the electronics? I don't know.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
            X