This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    The documentation may not be correct. I would ask the HomeSeer technicians directly if you want the definitive answer. support@homeseer.com
    That is unless you want to continue debugging this on your own.
    The end user documentation from the developer's website "may not be correct"? Wow. No idea how to respond to that. By suggesting I send an email to support to question whether a clear statement in the user guide is correct or not makes me wonder why I am using this product at all.

My first instinct is to debug something on my own via forum searches and documentation. 2nd would be to post something in hopes that someone may have a solution. Contacting support would be my 3rd choice. As I stated, the issue is not preventing anything from working, but it does seem to be something that should be looked at and probably fixed.

I have read countless threads of other people using the system in this way, so I assumed (especially after the user guide specifically said so) that it was designed for this.

Support email sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Voice recognition is handled by the speaker client application. While voice recognition is not support on Linux, it is supported by running the speaker client on a Windows system and then connecting to your Linux system.

This statement is correct only relative to the use of Microsoft SAPI TTS and VR.

That said TTS/VR using the Amazon Echo is totally different. (or cellular phone TTS/VR).

TTS only to HSTouch Windows/Android or iOS clients uses a wave file playback. IE: a wave file is generated by HS and copied over to the client. This is not related to VR at all.

When you utilize the speaker dot exe program you are using Microsoft SAPI which is totally different. It is fast here running the speaker dot exe's on the the HS3 box with a VB.

When you use a TTS speech proxy you are doing that wave file thing.

When you are doing TTS/VR in the cloud it is TTS/VR is totally different and unrelated to SAPI.
      As I stated in my last reply to you, I have been 100% using MS SAPI for VR on Windows 10 Pro. Whereas I am also 100% using MS SAPI for TTS, I don't believe that has anything to do with the errors listed in the log. I issue the voice command, speaker.exe then executes it remotely to my Rpi3, the command works but the log shows the errors.

I was using the remote ivona.com thing for only TTS where it returned a wave file prior to trying speaker.exe on the Windows machines. Ivona.com is only TTS, not VR. I have since commented the call to ivona.com out so it is not part of the equation. I have never used any other VR. Not the Amazon Echo/Alexa or anything else. Only speaker.exe, which is using MS SAPI on Windows 7, 8.1 and now 10 Pro.
      Last edited by RandyInLA; September 11, 2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyInLA View Post
        The end user documentation from the developer's website "may not be correct"? Wow. No idea how to respond to that. By suggesting I send an email to support to question whether a clear statement in the user guide is correct or not makes me wonder why I am using this product at all.
        I asked and it is in fact supposed to work and the error is erroneous and can be ignored. Seriously with a product as complex as HS3 and the amount of documentation I'm not sure how you can expect it to be 100% accurate but It's a good thing you do.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As I stated in my last reply to you, I have been 100% using MS SAPI for VR on Windows 10 Pro. Whereas I am also 100% using MS SAPI for TTS, I don't believe that has anything to do with the errors listed in the log. I issue the voice command, speaker.exe then executes it remotely to my Rpi3, the command works but the log shows the errors.

Yes and no. Here is another kicker that I noticed. When using Linux sometimes get two voices coming from the HS3 Pro Linux box. One from Linux and the other from the Windows VB.

Yeah; thinking the errors (just a guess) relate to the nomenclature of the command being sent out which happens too with plugins written for Windows that do not run on Linux.

Understood about using only MS SAPI and speaker dot exe. I prefer only to use the same. My touchscreens talk in tongues (english, german, french, portuguese, italian, etc.) mostly to bug my wife.

I like to tinker and much of the time never look at the documentation which is probably a bad thing.

IE: built my daughter's very first tricycle not reading any instructions. (well they were in Chinese anyways). Recall now it was kind of cheers bar thing with everybody participating - too many chiefs/comments - fun anyhow.

I think you are doing good Randy. Best to keep asking questions. Many of us here have already been there and done that. Me I am getting to be old curmudgeon and do not pay attention as much as I used to. i think Rupp is older than me. Many folks here just call him grand dad. I think he does have more white hairs than I do these days.

Relating to X10 here went to a la carte separates. X10 is not supported by HST; rather today it's been supported / modded voluntarily. Works best in Linux for me. (except that I have never used a CM15).

X10 / CM11A / TW523 is on steroids with Volp's XTB and TW-523 dual phased plus amplifier device. On the RF side went to using the W800 many years ago. Today have three online. BUT the one in the attic with an antenna works the best. There are more options relating to wireless X10. Wireless X10 here started with an MR26A (with an added external antenna).

Enjoy your automation ride with Homeseer. It does get frustrating some times. I like to golf. It does get frustrating sometimes trying to get that little white ball in the little hole by the flag....still is enjoyable.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X