Parking car in garage using HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking car in garage using HS

Any using HS to park there car correctly in the garage? For example having HS to tell you how far away are you from the wall?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Here's something that'll work with HS: https://www.mysensors.org/build/parking

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The wife parks in the garage (my truck won't fit) and she constantly pulled up to far. This made it difficult for me to get to the fridge (read 'beer').

I tried all types of parking assist devices, but none of them worked well.

I finally found a youtube video where a guy used a Seco-Larm Enforcer Reflective Beam Sensor. HomeSeer store used to have them and NewEgg still does. (I don't have it integrated with HS, because I don't need it.)

I have it mounted on the rails on either side of the garage door at the same height as the car's rear bumper. The contact is connected to a large LED on the front wall of the garage. Car pulls in, breaks beam LED turns off. When the LED comes back on, stop the car.

Now there is always room to walk between the front wall and the car. And it works just as well when you back the car in.

Comment

Hang a plastic golf ball from the ceiling so that when it bumps into the windshield, stop the car.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          Hang a plastic golf ball from the ceiling so that when it bumps into the windshield, stop the car.

tenholde
          We use something similar replacing the golf ball with a tennis ball. Been using this contraption for years.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X