Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for intercom / videocom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I noticed in apple store there is an app to use sonos as an intercom..

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Kitar View Post
      This is my thinking as well. It looks as though you'll need a VOIP server such as Trixbox running on the LAN to handle group paging. I guess this is the equivalent of a hardware PBX box but done in software.

      I've searched and not found a decent Windows based SIP server that would be as robust as a Trixbox on Linux. I believe some exist but may be $$

      One thing to consider is ring groups offered by the VOIP company. The VOIP service I have used (VOIP.MS) offers several features to simulate having a local server on your LAN and also allows you to assemble a menu driven voicemail system. The disadvantage is this it is administered in the cloud rather locally in house. If your WAN is down, so is your intercom. This will be the route I try for now.

      I have not looked closely at this yet but there is an HS3 SIP plugin called SCSIP that might be a helper in this problem. It is worth a look. To install it you need to download a repository Smarter Control and follow their instructions. Their plugins are not available through the updater.

      Regardless if you find some success please chime in here to share.
      Peter

      http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

      Comment


      • #18
        Looks like a nice phone. The specs claim VOIP but don't mention the protocol. I think it would need to support SIP and you'd likely be able to integrate with HS and the plugin.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Kitar View Post
          Looks like a nice phone. The specs claim VOIP but don't mention the protocol. I think it would need to support SIP and you'd likely be able to integrate with HS and the plugin.
          Well, it supports sip, 6 configurations.
          So that is good. (My 2 sip accounts for in and outgoing are working)
          Did a lot of searching if there is an api or something, to get the status of the Gigaset in Homeseer.
          And I think I found something!
          It has a hidden log, that you can put forward to an external server.
          At the moment I am finding out how it works.
          But I think it will be working with the drhsIpPlugIn to get the info into Homeseer.
          When I know more, I will give an update.
          Peter

          http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by peterpc View Post
            It has a hidden log, that you can put forward to an external server.
            At the moment I am finding out how it works.
            But I think it will be working with the drhsIpPlugIn to get the info into Homeseer.
            When I know more, I will give an update.

            Ultralog has a syslog server.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

            Comment


            • #21
              Found it!
              I had to open the webinterface of the Gigaset GO-Box 100.
              Login with my pin code
              CHange the URL to http:<ip address>/syslog.html
              Fill in the IP address of my Homeseer server
              Check if port number is not used by Homeseer. ( Ultralog was using 514< so I used 513)
              Check the things you want to log
              Activate log and click set
              restart the GO_Box 100

              In homeseer in the drhsIpPlugIn add the following connection:
              Name: Gigaset
              Type: UDP
              Host/Client: host
              Address: the address of the GO-Box 100
              Port: the port filled in at the GO-Box 100
              Script: the name of the scrip you will use (gigaset.vb)
              activate the connection.

              This is my script:
              Code:
              Sub Main(ByVal Param() As Object)
                  'gigaset_2	<30>1 2017-01-14T22:22:00.00Z 192.168.1.123 - - - - MAC:7C2F80C1E41C SIP account 0: incoming call session up
                  'gigaset_2	<30>1 2017-01-14T22:22:00.00Z 192.168.1.123 - - - - MAC:7C2F80C1E41C SIP account 0: active session release
              
                  Dim gigaset_0 As String = param(0)
                  Dim gigaset_1 As String = param(1)
                  Dim gigaset_2 As String = param(2)
                  Dim i
                  Dim Z18 = hs.getdeviceref("Z18") ' my device ON = on hook off = off hook
                  Dim Board As String = "RPI_servo" 'Room
                  Dim debug = 1
                  If debug = 1 Then hs.writelog("gigaset_0", gigaset_0)
                  If debug = 1 Then hs.writelog("gigaset_1", gigaset_1)
                  If debug = 1 Then hs.writelog("gigaset_2", gigaset_2)
              
                  'InStr([start, ]string1, string2[, compare])
              
                  i = InStr(1, gigaset_2, "incoming call session up")
                  If i > 0 Then
                      hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(Z18, True, "Off", False, True))
                  End If
                  i = InStr(1, gigaset_2, "active session release")
                  If i > 0 Then
                      hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(Z18, True, "On", False, True))
                  End If
              End Sub
              Device Z18 is my device detecting a conversation takes place.
              Peter

              http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

              Comment


              • #22
                scsip plugin

                I installed the SCSIP plugin, but can't find the userguide.
                Is this plugin still supported?
                Or any other suggestions to let HS speak there is an incoming call?
                Peter

                http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

                Comment


                • #23
                  Or perhaps add a sip connection in the setup . phone page:
                  Attached Files
                  Peter

                  http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Anyone any thoughts about integrating sip caller id, voicemail, etc into Homeseer? Is there a sip client that can export the incoming phone number to get caller ID into Homeseer?
                    Peter

                    http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      SIP Client

                      Hi Peter,

                      It would appear that all links for the SCSIP plugin on the board have either
                      been removed or are broken, also if you search for the author you will also have no joy (smartercontrol). The SCSIP plugin did have a awfull lot of online tutorials which were or are if they are still on the net excellent.

                      Duncan also provided excellent support. In the early days of the plugin there were several issues which were by and large where in Duncans control sorted very quickly both feature requests and bugs.

                      Would suggest if haven't already read through the posts do so and come to your own conclusions.
                      If you do spend time reading the it may well give you pointers to what you wish to do.

                      Although I do not currently use caller ID for anything as I am running on my legacy Panasonic KXTD 1232 at the moment when I get my Elastix box up and running in production I will be using caller ID.
                      This will be worked on when HS is rebuilt so it will be a while.
                      At the moment I can dial out on a trunk of the panasonic into a way2call and use features on HS I don't think this is possible with the SCSIP plugin although as they say don't quote me on that.

                      I use Grandstream GXP2000 on my Elastix. What I would like to do is use a speedial button on the phone and use the CID as a reference or variable to indicate which room the phone is in to trigger events.
                      Something like Speedial button+access code+CID+event to be triggered which depends on where the phone is located(CID) and which speedial button is pressed on a specific phone. Button 1 Ceiling lights on off, Button 2 table lamp on off, Button 3 TV on off, Button 4 Awake asleep,
                      Don't think the plugin can do this as it acts like an FXS, think I might still have to keep the way2call to do this which sadly is a lot of plumbing and no CID pass through.

                      I also have 2 Grandstream GXW3140 to play with, a little old now but surely worth a tinker. Not sure if HS Touch will work.
                      http://www.grandstream.com/products/...roduct/gxv3140

                      I do know someone on the board asked for a feature to show the 10 last number be available in a virtual device and pretty sure this was working, although once again have a search.

                      What I can tell you is, if you google the author you will get his new web site which is under construction although the SCSIP plugin version 4.0.1.0. is available to download although no documentation.

                      Hope this is of help and please share your projects as I like to see what others are doing.

                      Peter

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        SCSIP is running.
                        Still had the plugin installed and expired.
                        Noticed a link in the plugin to pay 25 Dollar and now I am up and running with Caller ID.
                        I made a small script to announce the caller and this is working ok now.
                        Peter

                        http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                          SCSIP is running.
                          Still had the plugin installed and expired.
                          Noticed a link in the plugin to pay 25 Dollar and now I am up and running with Caller ID.
                          I made a small script to announce the caller and this is working ok now.
                          Hi PeterPC - sorry for reactivating this post. I am assuming that your SCSIP is still working. Do you mind sharing your script to get the callerid from an incoming call of the SCSIP extension?

                          I don't know how to the script but I was thinking of just using an SCSIP variable (i.e callerid) but I could not make it work? Hence, If you don't mind sharing your script for leveraging.

                          Thanks.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ferdies View Post

                            Hi PeterPC - sorry for reactivating this post. I am assuming that your SCSIP is still working. Do you mind sharing your script to get the callerid from an incoming call of the SCSIP extension?

                            I don't know how to the script but I was thinking of just using an SCSIP variable (i.e callerid) but I could not make it work? Hence, If you don't mind sharing your script for leveraging.

                            Thanks.
                            Hi ferdies,

                            You have to provide the phone number to the script in the event and then lookup the name in the SCSIP.ini:

                            Code:
                            Public Sub Main(parms As Object)
                            Dim begin, lengte, lokatie, naam, nummer, telefoonboek
                            Dim debug = 1
                            telefoonboek = hs.getinisetting("phonebook", "book", "0", "SCSIP.ini") 'read all the saved names from SCSIP.ini
                            nummer = parms 'this is the number to lookup.
                            lokatie = instr(telefoonboek, nummer)
                            begin = instrrev(telefoonboek, "NAME", lokatie)
                            lengte = lokatie - begin - 19
                            naam = mid(telefoonboek, begin + 7, lengte)
                            If debug = 1 Then hs.writelog("Telefoonboek ", nummer & "*" & naam & "*")
                            
                            
                            End Sub
                            Hope this will help you.
                            Peter

                            http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by peterpc View Post

                              Hi ferdies,

                              You have to provide the phone number to the script in the event and then lookup the name in the SCSIP.ini:

                              Code:
                              Public Sub Main(parms As Object)
                              Dim begin, lengte, lokatie, naam, nummer, telefoonboek
                              Dim debug = 1
                              telefoonboek = hs.getinisetting("phonebook", "book", "0", "SCSIP.ini") 'read all the saved names from SCSIP.ini
                              nummer = parms 'this is the number to lookup.
                              lokatie = instr(telefoonboek, nummer)
                              begin = instrrev(telefoonboek, "NAME", lokatie)
                              lengte = lokatie - begin - 19
                              naam = mid(telefoonboek, begin + 7, lengte)
                              If debug = 1 Then hs.writelog("Telefoonboek ", nummer & "*" & naam & "*")
                              
                              
                              End Sub
                              Hope this will help you.

                              Thank you, Peter. I will try to understand the script and see how this will work for you.

                              Currently, I was able to figure out to announce callerid via Chromecast but it only captures the number and the caller name. I am just using cid-{number} of SCSIP. BTW, I have upgraded to HS4 and I feel that SCSIP became more stable compared to when I was using HS3.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X