Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding FOSCAM streaming

Hi All

I cannot seem to get the MJStream to work.
    I think my camera is to new and HD.

For some reason using a image and live video (even though my main stream is set to 960P) - it looks shocking on screen. Really poor on the HS Touch. Is this normal?

There is an alternative - I can use a text label and select it as HTML and use the exact same link and I get lovely full picture. But its too big and the Stretch does not work? Can anyone advise?

Thanks
    Chris

Post to the FOSCAM Forum
    if anyone on HS Forum can help or want a crack at the below - I would really appreciate.

Hello

I am struggling to understand some basics of my camera's.

Firstly I am using my camera through a HSTouch Interface so VLC or other html pages created by people is not option for me; only direct http access to the camera IPort. I have all the ptz functions working a treat; zoom/move/presets/ir but I just don't understand the way to view it...

I have a FOSCAM FI9826P V2 (latest firmware)
    1280*960 (1.3 Megapixel)
    H.264 (960P)
    microphone, speaker, zoom, pan, tilt, ir
    (I have 4 so I really need to solve this!)

Q1. I know my camera has two streams.
    1. main (960p)
    2. sub (low-res)

Q2. I cannot get the /cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream to work
    - is this the main stream or the sub?
    - does my camera have/support this?
    - if so how do you enable it, as using a cmd returns -1
    - How do I get this to work in a browser; do i need to do anything?

Q4. I can however get snapPicture and snapPicture2 to work.
    - Firstly what is the difference between the two and is one the main stream and the other a sub stream?
    - I understand these are snap photos.... hence why I'd like to get a real stream to work.

Q5. If I change the resolution of snapPicture2 (0 / 1 / 2) will this change the main or sub stream resolutions?
    - I understand snapPicture1 is a higher resolution than snapPicture2 - if snapPicture2 is set to the highest value - is there still a difference?
    - Is there a way to change snapPicture1

Q6. Most important:
    What is the recommended http:// way to get my camera to view in my interface application.

1. High Res LAN viewing?
    2. Low Res Mobile viewing?

@Chris.

First have a read here ===> Foscam IPCamera CGI users guide.

Relating to testing the video stream your best bet is to validate it's function with HTML and VLC. In VLC you can open an RTSP stream.

Next in the configuration of Homeseer touch put in the proxy (anything you want) and below it put in the RTSP stream that works for you in VLC.

Next in HSTouch put define an object with the proxy you configured in HSTouch.

See pictures.

Here have configured a jpg and rtsp stream.

Easiest though to just do a snapshot jpg.

Way easier to use the auto discover of Foscam cameras. I didn't use it because I am not using Foscam today (used to use Foscam).
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete

Thank you for some solid advice.
      I can confirm I have three RTSP streams & 2 Snaps

The three are:

/videomain
      /videosub
      /audio

Does this mean that in the MPEG Stream URL for the manual camera setup - would put one of the the above streams in it (say /videomain)?

And how do I use this RTSP/MPEG Stream in HSTouch in a custom page?

Thanks
      Chris

Sorry I got some of the answers from:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ht=RTSP+stream
      (Your post)

I guess I just don't understand what element to use in HSTouch with this feed. I will go experiment.

Comment

Ahhh!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it - all this hassle and there is a dam option for it in the actual plugin!

Auto Camera Setup
        Auto Discover Foscam Cameras
        Frame Rate
        Horizontal Resolution
        Vertical Resolution

Sigh..
        I have a long way to go to be a pioneer badge!

Is there any way of adjusting the TouchServer resolutions by an event?
        Last edited by smokeycoles; June 5, 2016, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Not sure about that. Here I can configure the resolutions via the camera (Grandstream).

With the API you can do a direct one liner resolution thing.

Using the mjpg / jpg capture here I just resize the resolution of the object in HS Touch designer. IE: see the atttached which are HSTouch screens via VLC.

I define the video object below as a button to another screen with a full sized image. It is not really an event rather just a change of screens.

You can experiment though with one liners using the API / HTML relating to the MJPEG captures (not sure how well this will work with RTSP captures).

If it works with HTML / MJPG then it should work fine in an object defined in a box.

Note that I am really not good at doing Homeseer touch designs and always try to fit too much to one screen (low on the WAF).

Also note that I have not played with a Foscam IP camera in over 2 years now such as I am not familiar with the API / configuration these days.

You can also design a screen with an empty spot on the right hand side maybe. Then do a one line command line script to insert a VLC window in it.

The one liner can define where on the screen it is (borderless), pixel resolution, stream etc. Then define another button to kill the task.

Here you would control the stream with one liner buttons running external applications. I use buttons today for adjusting dim levels / screen saver / suspend, et al. (in Windows embedded or W10 today). See attached Homeseer Designer stuff.

I also utilize one liner NirCMD references directly or from Jon00's remote control plugin. IE: such that you can create a remote trigger event in Homeseer and reference the event / trigger via an object / button on the touchscreen.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; June 5, 2016, 07:14 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

New playing now here with a bit of html5. With this just taking a day's events of CCTV and converting it to whatever video size / resolution / frame rate for play back on a Homeseer touch screen. It should work fine in a Homeseer touch window. Here you make up a little HTML page on the HTML directory on Homeseer 3 and reference it via Homeseer touch.

IE: here you can build a screen with a live view and videos of past days events.

I am doing this in Linux but you can do this in Windows too. You change the video size in the html (it is much larger than below). The playback controls work fine in touch mode.

Code:
            <p></p>

<video id="video" width="320" height="159" controls>
                    <source src="cam1.ogg" type="video/ogg" />
                </video>

<video id="video" width="320" height="159" controls>
                    <source src="cam2.ogg" type="video/ogg" />
                </video>

<p></p>
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
            X