where I currently have
    Default, hmi1, hmi2 (my tablets)?

Thanks

Try this groupn here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174513

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      The thread you linked to doesnt really help with doing what the OP was after? I too wanted to add my speaker clients to the list but not to the default speaking clients.

Comment

Hello

I am hoping to add the values $SONOS$groupname$ to the speaker client list so i do not need to type it each time, similar to the default one.

I have already made the groups; just looking for a solution as I cannot find anything in the setup of the web interface. Could this be an ini or xml job?

Comment

I doubt you can because the Sonos is not a speaker client as such, it is a speech proxy and that unique syntax is how the plugin figures out what do with it. It does not connect in the same way the speaker clients do.

Comment

Thank you for the reply mrhappy.

Have you got experience with TTS? I would like to change the voice of my HomeSeer, I have read posts on here but I don't know where to start.
            Do I need a specific type to use for HomeSeer?
            Do I install to HomeSeer or Windows.

I have Windows 10 and what is interesting is my voice in Win10 are different names to my voice in HS3 Speaker Client.

Can you provide any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
              Thank you for the reply mrhappy.

Have you got experience with TTS? I would like to change the voice of my HomeSeer, I have read posts on here but I don't know where to start.
              Do I need a specific type to use for HomeSeer?
              Do I install to HomeSeer or Windows.

I have Windows 10 and what is interesting is my voice in Win10 are different names to my voice in HS3 Speaker Client.

Can you provide any advice?
              I know a little - you don't need a specific type for HomeSeer but you do need a type for Windows. I imagine the vast majority of voices available are compliant with the MS Speech API (may be referred to as SAPI) out there but if they appear in the Windows Speech control panel then that is a start. You would install them to Windows.

I'm not sure why they report differing names but the speaker client has not been touched in years so they may be differences there. Are they broadly the same (different name for the same voice) or completely different?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                I doubt you can because the Sonos is not a speaker client as such, it is a speech proxy and that unique syntax is how the plugin figures out what do with it. It does not connect in the same way the speaker clients do.
                I confirm you can't. I requested an API to add a speaker client from a script or a plug-in, a long time ago:
                http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1392

Comment

Thanks mrHappy

I put TTS in the command bar to get the new style window and I see

Microsoft Susan Mobile
                  Microsoft George Mobile

If I right click and go to Control Panel > Speech Recognition > TTS, I then see

Microsoft Hazel Desktop
                  Microsoft Zira Desktop

Which are the same as HomeSeer. Interestingly the top two do not appear, funny as they sound better too.

How crazy is that?
                  I am downloading one now to try.

Thanks Spud for the request, I am glad I am not alone on this request. Strikes me as one which would be very useful to many others.
                  I got to buy your plugin's soon; did you make any progress on the NEST bug? Do you do bulk discounts for 4 or 5 plugin's?

Comment

Working...
                  X