Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Addon?

http://www.netcamstudio.com/WebService

So i got broken into yesterday, and am going whole hog on security.
    The worst bit is i used to have scripts running that would have caught these guys - they were disabled

I'd love to be able to have homeseer know NetCam Studio has detected motion or sound.

Alas i am no coder - would anyone else be interested in an integration here?

Originally posted by OliP View Post
    http://www.netcamstudio.com/WebService

So i got broken into yesterday, and am going whole hog on security.
    The worst bit is i used to have scripts running that would have caught these guys - they were disabled

I'd love to be able to have homeseer know NetCam Studio has detected motion or sound.

Alas i am no coder - would anyone else be interested in an integration here?
    This plugin here :http://store.homeseer.com/store/Blue...HS3-P1820.aspx can do all that plus you can have an Android or iPhone app for Blue Iris so you can keep an eye on things.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Ah brilliant! I'll take a look now.
      Thanks for the quick response.
      Oli

Comment

Request for Addon?

I am using NetCam Studio with HS3 and 6 IP cameras. I use scripts and the NetCam API to post photos to my web page built with Jon00 web page builder. I really like NetCam Studio; been using it since it was introduced. Integrating it with HS3 is complicated but doable.

The major issue is the massive amount of video that is generated. It is really difficult to manage this. I do not consider my setup a "security" system. I only capture video with my front door camera.

I use the cameras for general info like: did the trash get picked up, did the package arrive, is the garage door closed, are the landscape lights on, are the sprinklers on, etc.

If your goal is to "get a picture of an intruder" , you will need a dedicated system that is recording 24/7.

However, IMHO, there is a tremendous deterrent value associated with having several cameras on the exterior of your house. These cameras can also be a great addition to your HS3 home automation system. They provide a huge amount of information.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Steve Q; June 9, 2016, 08:54 AM.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

When you say, using with HS3, could you elaborate on how you've linked the two? DId you write some code or utilize an exisitng integration?

Comment

I am using rules in Netcam studio to trigger virtual devices in homeseer. Works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by OliP View Post
              When you say, using with HS3, could you elaborate on how you've linked the two? DId you write some code or utilize an exisitng integration?

I only have a few events. I created them in March 2016 to test the feasibility of using NetCam studio with HS3. I was using NetCam Studio with HS2 before March 2016. So right now I have events that trigger at 9am, 3pm, and 8pm to grab photos from 2 cameras and email them to me.

The key to get this working is the script command. I am away from my desktop computer. I will post the script command later today.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Check this one out as well http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/

Eman.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Here is a script command to tell NetCam Studio to take a picture:

PHP Code:
                  http://localhost:8124/JSON/CapturePicture?sourceID=5&authToken=f4e90647-acb4-4265-a659-a227dafd780 
                  (replace localhost with your Netcam Studio IP address and replace the token with the permanent token issued by your NetCam studio API)

In order for this to work, you must be logged into NetCam Studio

Steve Q

Comment

Many Thanks - greatly appreciated
                    Oli

Comment

In my mind if you have gone the the expense and effort to put CCTV cameras up why would you not put a dedicated DVR/NVR in. These are really cheap now and in some cases cheaper than a quality camera. They will do everything you needand because they are dedicated you dont worry about the content not being available when you need it

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                        If your goal is to "get a picture of an intruder" , you will need a dedicated system that is recording 24/7.

However, IMHO, there is a tremendous deterrent value associated with having several cameras on the exterior of your house. These cameras can also be a great addition to your HS3 home automation system. They provide a huge amount of information.
                        I agree with what Steve Q says about a deterent in regards to having cameras outside; and the need for a dedicated DVR system. I am still piecing together my system but plan to use a Windows box with Blue Iris for my DVR since it can be integrated with HS. I have Hikvision POE cameras installed and they upload directly to my FTP server when motion is detected and send me an email. Since we live in the middle of no-where and have a 600FT driveway we also have a Mier DA-500 driveway sensor with a z-wave dry contact sensor to communicate with HS. So now HS sends us an alert and turns on additional outdoor lights if it is after sunset.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for all the advice - i had a bad experience with PVRs and quality historically - i suppose they have moved on quite a bit since.

I had used iSpy originally but BlueIRIS seems to talk to everythin i need and comes with a decent mobile app.

Giving it a lot of testing this weekend - will seriously consider the PVR option though - thanks!

Oli

Comment

Working...
                          X