z-wave push button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

z-wave push button

Guys, I am trying to fogure out a way to build a base for some lamps and recess a button into the base of the lamp that can control my z-wave bulb or plug in module, etc. What I would like is push on, push off and hold for dim.

Has anyone seen anything like this? The closest that I have seen is either the Aeotec panic button or the Aeotec dry contact sensor, but that would just give me the ability to do on and off.

Any thoughts here?

z-wave push button

Fibaro or quibino dinner module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gd1210; June 14, 2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Aeotec Micro Dimmer coupled with an external switch?

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
        Fibaro or quibino dinner module?
        I prefer their lunch modules...

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

This is the closest thing I have seen to a z-wave button as you describe but it may be a bit large for a lamp base.

Comment

But that button is awesome! I could deal with it being a bit larger if it is that thing.

Comment

What I am thinking of is something like this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/fhI11

With that design I might be able to just put a black electrical box in line somwhere and put the touch panel and micro switch in there. I assume it would be fine to just wire the light to one side of the micro switch with lamp cable and the other side with lamp cable and plug it into an outlet?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                But that button is awesome! I could deal with it being a bit larger if it is that thing.
                There are some YouTube videos such as this one showing that the button comes out of the base and is magnetic.

The button can control multiple things too or just a light. I like it too, let me know how it works out if you decide to try.

With the photo that you show in another post it would be nice mounted on the wall next to the fixture or sitting on the nightstand table(s).

Comment

Working...
                X