Z-Wave Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
    Yes I have several of the BE369 models except a different color. They do report instant status for locking and unlocking and send the user that unlocked the door if the code is entered. I like the idea of the motorized deadbolt, but unless the doors are perfectly aligned and they don't swell or shrink from the temps I wouldn't be able to use them most of the year. In my case almost all of my doors need a little tweak to get them lined up once it is really cold out or when the temps start to climb.

Jeff
    My motorized schlage is beveled on the side away from the jam, so that if it's not "perfectly" aligned, it pulls itself shut. It won't pull it a lot, but if it's not completely closed it will close it and help align itself. It also helps seal against the weather stripping. I've never had an issue with it locking as long as the door was properly closed all the way. I also did absolutely no "aligning" of the lock when I switched to a motorized one.

My family does have an issue with closing the door all the way (sometimes even myself), but I have the system set up to notify my by multiple means if this happens. I've also trained the family to lock the door if they are the last person out of the house that way they know if it failed to lock.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      I have 3 Kwikset motorized deadbolts and they have been working great for 3+ years. You do have to align the locks/door carefully so that there's no jamming or friction and the battery life is very good that way. They also signal HS reliably with status updates.

Cheers
      Al
      I've never had this issue with either of my Schlages. The beveled bolt has always self aligned. I did no aligning at all when switching over from my original "old school" deadbolts.

I can attest to the battery life. My Schlages last about a year with good batteries in them (read: Not cheap batteries).

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Thank you to all that replied. I decided against a touch screen and ended up ordering the Kwikset 914 Z-Wave lock.

Regards,

Ultrajones

Ultra, I would be interested in hearing about what you think of your Kwickset locks after you've had a little time with them.

Nate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          Ultra, I would be interested in hearing about what you think of your Kwickset locks after you've had a little time with them.

Nate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Hello Nate,

Overall, I am very pleased with the Kwikset 99140-001 Motorized Deadbolt locks. I initially experienced some connectivity issues with my Z-Net and 2 of the Kwikset locks. I then installed the HomeSeer Z-Wave appliance module and another lock and I am now getting 100% reliability. The appliance module is just participating in the z-wave mesh network which greatly improved the range of the HomeSeer Z-Net. I have locks installed on all exterior doors which are > 50 feet apart. The appliance module is installed in a central location between the 3 locks.

For the most part, the locks move freely with no binding. However, I have one lock that sticks *slightly* when manually locking/unlocking, but that doesn't seem to cause any issues when using the lock button or Z-Wave to lock and unlock it.

I really like the Kwikset SmartKey technology. I went to Lowes and purchased the SmartKey 4 pack of keys and reprogrammed the locks to use a common key. I also purchased a normal Kwikset SmartKey entry door lock so now all the keys for my exterior doors match.

Once I installed the locks, I just had to restart HSTouch to get the locks to show up

On a related note, I am really impressed with the HomeSeer's store order processing times. I ordered a Z-Net, then a a Z-Wave appliance module by 11:00 AM and they shipped the same day.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have had 9 Kwikset Z-Wave motorized deadbolts for several years. I've had very few issues. One of them has a weak Z-Wave connection and the batteries need to be replaced every 4-6 months, but the others seem to run forever on a set of batteries. I do have HS programmed to send me an email when the batteries get low.

Comment

Does HS see door lock pin code?

I currently have Kwikset 916 and am very happy with it.

I am about to move to HS.

Does anyone know if the HS can capture the individual pins entered on locks keypad? Use case is:
              - trigger actions based on who's pin was entered
              - log who is unlocking doors

Thanks for your input, apologize if I am hijacking topic.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkFrTX View Post
                I currently have Kwikset 916 and am very happy with it.

I am about to move to HS.

Does anyone know if the HS can capture the individual pins entered on locks keypad? Use case is:
                - trigger actions based on who's pin was entered
                - log who is unlocking doors

Thanks for your input, apologize if I am hijacking topic.
                Yes, it can do that.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                X