• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Locks

I am trying to decide between the following 3 z-wave locks:
    1. Schlage BE469NX-CAM-605 Bright Brass Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt
    2. Kwikset 99140-001 Motorized Deadbolt w/Home Connect - Polished Brass
    3. Yale D220ZW605 Polished Brass Z-Wave Touchscreen Door Lock

Do they all support real time status updates if I were to lock or unlock them manually? Do they all work well with HomeSeer3? Any reason to pick one over the other?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

We sell the Yale where I work. The touchscreen can be a little flaky at times - having to press a number 'hard' sometimes.

I have the schlage pushbutton at home and it works great.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

+1 in the schlage. I have one and it's been easy and flawless.

Comment

I have 7 Schlage locks all Leverlock or deadbolts. They are all the push button type and I have been using some of them for 4 or 5 years. The only issue is on one of the lever locks it stopped being able to lock/unlock when the code was entered or if controlled by zwave. After doing a complete reset and replacing the batteries it was the same. So I took it apart and found that the motor that drives a long spring to move the actuator for the locking mechanism wasn't moving. I used some contact cleaner/lubricator spray on it and after that it was working like new. After I figured out how to get the lock back together it has been working fine for the last couple months.

Jeff

Comment

I installed a replacement for my first Schlage (exact model you are looking at) yesterday. My HS log kept filling up with communication errors from the first one. It did operate nominally. Can't beat customer support they just sent me a new lock and didn't even have me ship the old one back to them. I love spare parts.

Integrates well with HomeSeer once you get it paired. Locks/unlocks quickly on command. Timely reports on manual operations. Reports which number opened it when the touchscreen is used. The touchscreen is indestructible. I had the first one up for at least a couple months and when I replaced it I couldn't tell the new unit from the old one.

Pairing is a nightmare. I probably spent two hours yesterday before I got a completely clean pair with HomeSeer. There are eight nodes after a successful install and no error messages during the install. Sometimes it will cough up an error and then look like it was a successful pair but it isn't.

Comment

I am starting to look at the Schlage BE369-505 Z-Wave Deadbolt Lock. Does anyone know if it supports status updates when manually locked and unlocked?

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              I am starting to look at the Schlage BE369-505 Z-Wave Deadbolt Lock. Does anyone know if it supports status updates when manually locked and unlocked?

Regards,

Ultrajones

I have a BE369 that's about 5 years old. Not sure what the -505 is, unless that's the colour option. I am very happy with the integration with HS3 since the Zwave plugin was fixed to work properly with this. Yes, manual locking / unlocking updates instantly. However, if I was buying again, I would buy a motorised cam. It seems kind of lame that you can't actually lock/unlock the door remotely, just engage the cam. I have a Kwikset motorised cam lock of a similar vintage, which is better from that perspective.
              cheeryfool

Comment

Yes I have several of the BE369 models except a different color. They do report instant status for locking and unlocking and send the user that unlocked the door if the code is entered. I like the idea of the motorized deadbolt, but unless the doors are perfectly aligned and they don't swell or shrink from the temps I wouldn't be able to use them most of the year. In my case almost all of my doors need a little tweak to get them lined up once it is really cold out or when the temps start to climb.

Jeff

Comment

I wasn't so lucky. I got 3 motorized kwikset deadbolts and one kwikset cam lock latch. They work pretty good most the time. But often the lock is not updated to know if it's locked. Frequent communication issues where zwave could not reach the lock. That's on HS, when they were controlled by my Honeywell Security system (zwave card) it wasn't much better.
                  Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                  | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                  Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                  BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I'm a fan of the Yale's I have 4 of them that work very well in HS3.
                    Just remember when pairing a lock, you must have your controller within a couple of inches of the lock.

Comment

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
                      Yes I have several of the BE369 models except a different color. They do report instant status for locking and unlocking and send the user that unlocked the door if the code is entered. I like the idea of the motorized deadbolt, but unless the doors are perfectly aligned and they don't swell or shrink from the temps I wouldn't be able to use them most of the year. In my case almost all of my doors need a little tweak to get them lined up once it is really cold out or when the temps start to climb.

Jeff
                      I'm with you, Jeff. I have 2 of the BE369 deadbolts and I chose the non-motorized locks for the same reason. Unless the doors are perfectly aligned and don't move with temperature, motorized locks can cause a problem. Schlage has replaced both my locks at no cost because of outdated firmware, and as someone else mentioned, the old locks did not have to be returned. All they required was a picture of the old locks.

And yes, these locks provide immediate feedback whether operated remotely or locally.

Randy

Comment

I have 3 Kwikset motorized deadbolts and they have been working great for 3+ years. You do have to align the locks/door carefully so that there's no jamming or friction and the battery life is very good that way. They also signal HS reliably with status updates.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you to all that replied. I decided against a touch screen and ended up ordering the Kwikset 914 Z-Wave lock.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                            Thank you to all that replied. I decided against a touch screen and ended up ordering the Kwikset 914 Z-Wave lock.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Is that a motorized deadbolt?
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              Is that a motorized deadbolt?
                              Yes. It also appears to have a smaller mechanism that gets installed on the inside of the door.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X