Kwikset Deadbolt bad timestamp in logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset Deadbolt bad timestamp in logging

As the title states, I have a kwikset deadbolt and all seems to be working fine with my HS3 ZTroller. However, I have noticed one thing that is "bothersome"

Whenever an event happens such as locking the device with zwave (or any other event), the HS3 device management page shows information about that event and when...great!

The notification device shows the last event (for instance "Locked by Z-Wave") in the status column and shows the proper date/time stamp in the last change column...great!

However, the door lock logging device, when queried by clicking the Get Latest Record button in the Control column, shows a date/time stamp in the future! For an event that happened today (6/20/2016) at 10:53:27PM, the latest record retrieved displays "Locked using Z-Wave on 6/21/2016 at 2:56:00 AM User Code=0"

I am guessing that this incorrect message is coming from the Kwikset door lock itself and that the lock has its own clock?

If this is true, how do I sync this clock with the actual real time?

Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Files

+1
    Same here, it seems like they are all of the 31 possible responses, except the time stamp is about 6 hours ahead of real time.

If you look on the Advanced tab of the Lock Logging device if it reports a value of 8 then looking on the Status Graphics tab for line 8 it reports the correct action, as the OP stated the time is wrong.

Locked Manually on 6/21/2016 at 5:35:07 AM User Code=0

it should report

Locked Manually on 6/20/2016 at 11:35:07 PM User Code=0

Any one know where the time stamp comes from?
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Did some searching and found it's supposidly a Bug in HS. The locks internal clock is set to GMT upon install. HS doesn't translate it to your local time zone. From what I read no one wanted to bother the bugzilla system with the issue and just disregard it as a nuisance.
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
      X