Is there a plugin that works with Frontpoint Alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a plugin that works with Frontpoint Alarms

I have HS3 and have added Frontpoint alarm system. It is a Qolsys IQ Panel. Is there a plugin compatible with this alarm system or possibly communicates with alarm.com?

Bump on this and +1 for me.

alarm.com is just a website...a creative person who can write screen-scraping code could easily make a HS3 plugin which then could be used by qolsys/frontpoint. Any changes made on alarm.com's website show up within seconds on my iq2 panel, e.g.

Hint..hint...

Comment

I captured an alarm.com webpage's HTML on both disarmed and armed-stay conditions, and see the differences between these two states. But when I disarmed the panel again and compared the first disarmed with the second disarmed, the 214 character hash code is totally different. Although I didn't arm-stay a second time, I am guessing the results would also show a different hash code for that status as well, and so there's no way to scrape the web page to ascertain the current status of my alarm panel.

Comment

Thanks for checking. I will add that with the Alexa skill which requires the login id and password for alarm.com, Alexa can tell you the state of the alarm, armed or disarmed, but cannot set the alarm or disarm it. Perhaps the hash code is then not needed? At least for me it would still be helpful if somehow HS knew the state the alarm was in. Now, I have a lamp in a spare bedroom registered in the qolsys Zwave system, and I hang a light sensor (on the HomeSeer Zwave system) down by the bulb. When the alarm is set, an alarm.com routine turns that lamp off which then causes the light sensor to report darkness, in turn which if done between certain hours then signals to HomeSeer the alarm has been set. Morning time, I have a bedroom lamp which when switched on automatically tells HS the alarm is off (which is almost always true by that time). It's rather Rube Goldberg, at least at night, so if HS could "read" the alarm status I could simplify it all. And of course it doesn't work at all when we have guests in that bedroom LOL.
        Thanks again,,

Comment

Working...
        X