Phantom Signal Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom Signal Activity

I have been having some phantom activity show up in the "Last Change" column on one device for several months. It had only been on one Leviton Lamp module and nothing shows in the HS log so I ignored it.

Now I am having the same thing with my motions sensors, it started with one and now it is on three of them. The problem is that it seems to be preventing the running of an event to set back the thermostat when no one is home. There is no activity showing in the HS log when the device has an update in the last change column every 30-60 minutes.

I thought the A/C might be tripping them but it still happens when no one is home and the A/C is off.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue? I am wondering if it is a bad Z-Wave stick after trying a lot of things to resolve the issue.

Have you tried checking "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" on the Configuration tab of the affected devices?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Have you tried checking "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" on the Configuration tab of the affected devices?
      I did not notice that option. I will give it a try on all of the motion detectors and see if the event runs (set temp to x if there has been no motion for 1 hr is my event).

All of these were working well until I installed a powered USB hub over the weekend. I have the Z-Wave SmartStick+ plugged direct into the PC and all others plugged into the hub. Not sure if it is coincidence or if I messed up something in the process of moving it to another port. I reset the stick, reverted to backup and ran both optimize options on the network without success.

Comment

I also updated the z-wave plugin to the current stable version at the same time....

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          It has been stable for a few days so it looks like that worked. Thanks sparkman!

Comment

Working...
          X