No announcement yet.

Hard Disk failure - Is my system gone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than happy to do that. But how do I enable or create a temporary access ?

Comment

I assume you are able to access HS3 from outside your network, either using the MYHS service, or via a fixed IP / Dynamic DNS service and port forwarding.

If so, then you can go to Tools>Setup>Network and add a new user. You can delete that user at a later date thus providing temporary access.

You can either PM or email me some login details if required.

Paul..

Comment

Yes I thought that's what I had to do, so did it and sent you a PM. Do I need to log out ? I am logged in remotely

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          Yes I thought that's what I had to do, so did it and sent you a PM. Do I need to log out ? I am logged in remotely
          No need to log out, I'll take a look now.

Paul..

Comment

Not sure if you saw my PM Mike.

It looks like Node 18 is casing the import / scan procedure to fail with a time out error.

From the log info, it looks like Node 18 may be a Qubino device. It also appears that there is just 1 such device in your network. Does that seem feasible and if so is it possible to cut the power to that device and try the import/scan again?

Paul..

Comment

Sorry I did not see your pm. Just checked and there is no new pm. But not a problem. I have 2 Qubinos actually, I can cut the power to them and retry but will probably have to be tonight as I am at work and the wife is out. I was wondering why it said user timed out as I hadn't touched it. The Qubinos again, they cause a lot of issues... I have ordered a newer version of them as a replacement, I hope they'll work better.
              Maybe with turning the Qubinos off it'll create some of my devices at least.
              Thanks for your help !

Comment

I'm not sure if it will be successful with the Qubino's off but its worth a try.

Another issue you may see is that if you have any Gen5 (ZW+) devices that were added securely, they may not re-scan if they don't have direct communication with the controller.

I don't think Z-Wave issues are confined to Qubino.
                One frustrating thing for end users is that some of a device's capabilities may be supported in HS when added with a particular version of the Z-Wave plug-in but perhaps not function as the device manufacturer had intended. HS then adds full support in a later version of the plug-in but the user has to either delete all child devices and re-scan or exclude and re-include the device which creates a load of work modifying events etc.

I'm not suggesting that this is the case with Qubino but something I learned about a year ago when I investigated Z-Wave in some detail is that devices do sometimes get through certification with bugs. Because it is almost impossible to recall 000's of devices already installed by end users it is widely accepted that controller software developers will pick up the pieces by coding in workarounds for specific devices.

In the early days of Z-Wave and HS3, the HST folks were adamant that they wouldn't be coding round hardware bugs. How things change...

Paul..
                Last edited by sooty; June 27, 2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

If it doesn't work with the Qubinos off, the only option is exclude and reinclude everything ?

Comment

If it doesn't work with the Qubinos off, the only option is exclude and reinclude everything ?
                    The short answer is I don't know.

I don't know how exactly the import / re-scan feature in HS3 works but it appears as though it goes through all nodes in the controller and attempts to discover their capabilities before creating any HS devices as opposed to handling one node in its entirety before moving onto the next.

In your case the whole procedure is getting held up (probably waiting for something to come back from the node) then timing out.

Switching off any nodes that it has problems with may allow it to complete.

Paul..

Comment

Switching power off to the Qubinos did help. I have 193 devices now, while I had 269 before. But there are 2 Qubinos and 1 Fibaro now missing, and a lot of the battery powered devices have not created child devices. Not sure yet how I find out which is which to try and wake them up... but thats for tomorrow. At the moment I am busy tring to find out what is what...

Comment

Switching power off to the Qubinos did help. I have 193 devices now, while I had 269 before. But there are 2 Qubinos and 1 Fibaro now missing, and a lot of the battery powered devices have not created child devices. Not sure yet how I find out which is which to try and wake them up... but thats for tomorrow. At the moment I am busy tring to find out what is what...
                        Well at least that should have saved you some time. You may have to exclude and re-include the Qubino's and your missing Fibaro in close proximity to the controller (Z-Net). Is the Fibaro a Gen 5 device by any chance?

If it has created the root devices, then you should be able to re-scan the battery devices one by one whilst waking them up but the hard part will be establishing which node ID belongs to which device. May be easier if they are from different manufacturers and / or different device types because in the node screen info you should be able to see the manufacturer and type.

Paul..

Comment

I did a rescan on node 18, the Qubino as it had created a root device even with the power off. After the rescan all the child devices have been created, and it works. But I do not have the 2nd Qubino, that had the power switched off together with the first and a Fibaro. None of my Fibaros are Gen 5.
                          With the battery powered devices it'll just take time, trial and error...

Comment

I did a rescan on node 18, the Qubino as it had created a root device even with the power off. After the rescan all the child devices have been created, and it works. But I do not have the 2nd Qubino, that had the power switched off together with the first and a Fibaro. None of my Fibaros are Gen 5.
                            With the battery powered devices it'll just take time, trial and error...
                            Not entirely relevant to this thread but with Gen5 devices you have the option to include them with or without the security protocol enabled. On the controller interface (Add Node or Add Node Non Secure). Unless something has changed recently the node and controller must have direct communication when included securely hence my question if you had some Gen5 devices.

With these 2 problem devices, I would exclude then re-include them if you can't get the root devices created.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                            X