Catch-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    His HS server is on a wireless tablet as he stated above. When the router is down, HS can no longer connect to the network. That makes my method a non starter.
    Yuck...

Comment

Originally posted by david.delano View Post
      Randy - the Amazon link you sent would like do the trick. I was trying to set something up similarly to the auto-pinging device, but I was trying to do this all via Z-Wave. The mix and match of technology drives me nuts at times.

I had tried a cheaper version of the IP outlet, but it would not reliably turn back on. I now use it on my power tool chargers to turn them off for a few hours every night.

I will find another use for the power strip, maybe to control the non-critical stuff on the network (NAS, Z-Net, etc.) that may still need a remote reboot from time to time.

David
      You can't do the Z-Net, because you wouldn't be able to send the Z-Wave command to the smart strip to turn it back on. That is why I used an Arduino pin to a relay to reset the Z-Net. You could also use the relay to power cycle the Z-Net which would definitely reset it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I haven't gotten back to this yet. I saw the two outlet version when I was looking at the one outlet version. Good to know someone has tried it, and it works.

I'm really not up to building something at this point, but from your description and the one Randy posted I know one can be built. What surprises me is that there are no Z-Wave outlets with this built in. The cheap WiFi had the capability to have it turn back on after x seconds if it was turned off. I abandoned it, though, as it was unreliable.

I'll get back to this sometime.....probably a couple of weeks. My time is short again, and I've had computer issues for a week that I've had to deal with.

David

Comment

Working...
        X