Bricked My PC - Having Two Issues Rebuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked My PC - Having Two Issues Rebuilding

Unfortunately while trying to resolve my "Driver_Power_State_Failure" blue screen of death I bricked my PC by using the verifier.

I have a backup so I reinstalled windows 8.1 them HomeSeer but I am having two problems I need help with.

1. The startup error message in HomeSeer is saying that the server port is in use. I remember seeing another thread about this issue in windows 10 (I am still running 8.1) but can't find it again. I have tried restarting machine. What could be using the port or should I change to another? If I change to another how do I open the web control panel in HS to change the default port?

2. I get a prompt that I need .NET Framework 3.5 but many attempts to install it have failed with the error code that there is no internet connection which there is. Any way to resolve or get it from somewhere else? I have tried direct from Microsoft and some other sites which just download a launcher to the same process which fails.

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
    Unfortunately while trying to resolve my "Driver_Power_State_Failure" blue screen of death I bricked my PC by using the verifier.

I have a backup so I reinstalled windows 8.1 them HomeSeer but I am having two problems I need help with.

1. The startup error message in HomeSeer is saying that the server port is in use. I remember seeing another thread about this issue in windows 10 (I am still running 8.1) but can't find it again. I have tried restarting machine. What could be using the port or should I change to another? If I change to another how do I open the web control panel in HS to change the default port?

2. I get a prompt that I need .NET Framework 3.5 but many attempts to install it have failed with the error code that there is no internet connection which there is. Any way to resolve or get it from somewhere else? I have tried direct from Microsoft and some other sites which just download a launcher to the same process which fails.
    You need to disable the World Wide Web Publishing service here.

I've never had to mess with .net on windows 10(or 8.1), but you can check by typing "turn windows" into the search bar and you will get "Turn Windows features on or off" the first entry should be .NET framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

1. What port/protocol are you trying to use? Windows opens a lot of ports.

2. Every time I can't get an update to install on Windows I check and find earlier update packages that failed. Cleaning them up always gets it working but the cleanups are seldom easy.

Comment

I left everything at the default so I assume HS3 is trying to run on port 80. I looked for the world wide web publishing service but it is not listed on my system.

I got the .NET 3.5 frame working, thanks. Just need to resolve the server port in use issue now.

Comment

I also tried changing gWebSvrPort=80 to another port (39) in settings.ini but it still gave the same error and HS3 restarts after a while with the error in start up screen.

Comment

Here is part of the startup log with the error

7/3/2016 10:42:40 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in X10
            7/3/2016 10:42:40 PM ~!~Web Server~!~Local IP address (subnet) is: 10.0.0.21 (255.255.255.0)
            7/3/2016 10:42:40 PM ~!~Web Server~!~The web server has been bound specifically to IP address 10.0.0.10
            7/3/2016 10:42:40 PM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server started on IP Address 10.0.0.10, port 80
            7/3/2016 10:42:40 PM ~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. The requested address is not valid in its context
            7/3/2016 10:42:40 PM ~!~Warning~!~Web Server Stopped
            7/3/2016 10:42:40 PM ~!~Startup~!~Creating ASP.NET application host...

Comment

I am using the local machine (Quantum Byte) for access and the Quantum Byte machine windows firewall is disabled.

Comment

The server on 80 is called Internet Information Services. There is a Windows Administration tool to manage it but I don't have Windows 8 so I'm not sure where you find it.

Comment

I searched for windows administration and there were no results. Services comes up with a list of items but "Internet Information Services" is not listed.

A web search says to use a packet sniffer to determine what is running on the port but that is beyond my expertise.

Comment

Here is the list I see under Services

Click image for larger version

Name:	InternetPort80.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1186157

Comment

Yup; you should see the remove Internet Information Services on the same list where you added the additional feature of dot net 3.5.

Follow the procedure as mentioned above by Randy. IE:

....you can check by typing "turn windows" into the search bar and you will get "Turn Windows features on or off".....

Best option is to go to "Add/Remove Windows additional features" and remove Internet Information Services (IIS)
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I searched for windows administration and there were no results. Services comes up with a list of items but "Internet Information Services" is not listed.
                        Try opening Control Panel, then select 'Programs' (could be listed as 'Programs and Features').

If you selected 'Programs and Features' then on the left side there should be a list of alternative views, one will be 'Turn Windows features on or off'.
                        If you selected 'Programs' then the next screen will have an entry of 'Programs and Features' and a list of options. Again, one will be 'Turn Windows features on or off'.

When you select that, a small window should open and after a brief pause it will be populated with a list of Windows "features", each with a check box next to it. 'Internet Information Services' will be near the top of the list.
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I also tried changing gWebSvrPort=80 to another port (39) in settings.ini but it still gave the same error and HS3 restarts after a while with the error in start up screen.
                          It's possible that 39 is also in use. You could try a higher port number. 8000 and above are usually unused.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yeah; Windows 10 is the ultimate OS to provide that user desktop experience. That said it has to be tweaked a bit for that server experience. (much more than Windows of old).

For whatever reason I thought you (PlanetView - Mark ) was Stevech (Steve - SAIC) from a long time ago mostly because of me working there (SAIC) for a bit on a special project many many years ago.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The binding may be giving you a bad message. Try disabling the binding option using Setup > Network > Bind Server to IP Address
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X