Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscam HSTouch

I have a Foscam FI9803W V2

Having read through all the threads I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off now.

I can get a "snapshot" up on my screen whether that is on a iPhone, windows client, raspberry pi touch screen etc.
    They all show the same picture.

The picture is from around the time I reboot HSTouch. I can't get any video stream regardless of what I do. The IP address and port are correct, also user name and password are correct.
    Synology can see the camera video feed.

If I put the address below into a web browsers I get the same still image that HSTouch shows.

I may be wrong but surly a snapshot is a static image. How the hell do I get a video stream working?

http://192.168.1.63:88/cgi-bin/CGIPr...=xxxx&pwd=xxxx

I'm a bit baffled by the camera incorporation also. I'm not sure I will ever get around to using HSTouch Designer since ImperiHome is so easy - I'm quite happy that I bought Designer during the 50% sale. But I have tried the netcam plugin and the camera options in ImperiHome. Neither one will consistently show me either snapshots or streams using URLs that work in both Firefox and Chrome. I'm not sure I need camera integration with HomeSeer but I'm trying to not let performance circumstances dictate my options.

Comment

I initially made a project that I was using to display my cameras. I just turned that portion off 2 days ago. It worked for about an hour after a plugin restart and then it was hit or miss, or delayed. But unusable.

It is frustrating that HS has a unique product offering with designer yet they do not care to invest the time or money into it and are completely ok with bugzilla being a graveyard and customer complaints mean nothing.

Comment

It's the fact there is a whole thing about foscam being auto detected!
        Big wow, there is nothing you can use it for!

I like hstouch designer, I've done some nice stuff on it, I also have imperihome that I'll use until the hstouch iPhone app can work without restarts to refresh it.

The camera would be a nice to have on my 7" touch screen in the kitchen.

I've read the foscam documents and stuff on here and homeseer and its all a pile of bollocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not done much with it yet but believe that HSTouch only supports RTSP streaming and not MJPEG. You can refresh the images by selecting the IsVideo parameter to true and setting an appropriate refresh rate, it will only grab the image at that interval however rather than being a proper stream.

The auto detect is only for the default project I do believe, as per the help files you can have a camera chooser;

The camera screen is used to display a camera view. This screen works with the cameras that are configured in the HSTouch Server plugin. By default, Foscam cameras are automatically discovered and will be available from any HSTouch application.

Require screen name: camera_viewer

Whenever this page is to be displayed, a camera chooser page is automatically displayed first so the user can pick a camera.

The following elements can be added to this page.

Element Type Name Property (use this for the name) Description
          Image camera Will display the camera image
          Buttonl panleft Will be set to an action to pan the camera left
          Button panright Will be set to an action to pan the camera right
          Button panup Will be set to an action to pan the camera up
          Button pandown Will be set to an action to pan the camera down
          If you don't use the default project then there is no point doing the auto detection, you will have to do it the manual method.

Comment

RTSP support was only recently added since I think the .96 version of the plugin. I use support loosely because that is what I required to tie into my NVR as it only outputs RTSP, and it's flakey. The cameras themselves do HTTP, but that would require me losing my direct connection to the NVR with my cameras and I wanted to keep the two systems somewhat separate and stable (plus would require me to get a POE switch to power my cameras, which the NVR does currently).

Even when it does work, there is usually about a 5 to 10 second delay when you display the camera before it starts streaming (using windows client hardwired). Android client is even worse, but I suspect that to be partly because its wifi too.

Comment

The snapshot doesn't work, refresh all you want and nothing ever updates.
              I'll look at RTSP

I can't decide what is worse, foscam documentation or homeseer for this

Comment

Hi

Did you get yours working on auto detect in HS Touch Server?

Also have you then put it into netcam, and tak snaps in netcam to see if you get changes.
                That way you determine whether the problem is in HSTouch or Homeseer?

Then if you like we can compare settings.

Comment

I'll try netcam next. Cheers

Comment

Mine looks a little like this in NetCam:

h...ttp://192.168.0.106:80/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=myusername&pwd=mypassword

If you access the Foscam directly, you will need a plugin which causes problems with newer browsers. However be sure you have the right IP and Port

Note snapPicture2

If NetCam doesn't work; you need to look at your camera settings

If it does work, have you got HSTouch plugin automatically detecting the camera - if netcam works and you have it auto detecting; we can check how your implementing it in HSTouch.

I did do a tutorial building a personalised UI for control. Though my coding could be greatly improved however it does work and the jist of it is there...

Comment

I got it working on the iPhone.
                      I'm not totally sure what I done so will retrace the steps and post the results

Comment

Working...
                      X