• Show
Clear All

I would be interested in these LEDs as well if you can find a link to them
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      I would be interested in these LEDs as well if you can find a link to them
      Don't know if these are the same, but I purchased similar from US Costco a while back.

I am also pretty happy with the Fibaro LED controllers. I have three. The big advantage is easy Z-wave control. If you go this way, I would definitely use RGBW strips. I only have RGB and I think that the W would add some additional dimension.
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Would these work

https://montrealimport.com/en/led-st...roll-rgbw.html

I would need to use 3 of them hooked together
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

I have had a look in my local Costco, and they no longer have this LED strip. It isn't the Sylvania one that DSteiNeuro found. I had purchased this a couple of years ago, and waited for something that it could do. After hearing my poor old dog roll down the stairs in the dark, I had found it

Blade: The Fibaro RGBW is for common anode LED strip (i.e. the tape will have a +12V {Or +24V} and three negatives for RGB {four negatives with RGBW} - the Fibaro module switches the negative side of the supply). You need to ensure that you have the correct polarity strip [Don't buy common cathode], and then be careful of the maximum watts drawn. The data sheet for the Fibaro module shows that it can supply 144W for a 12V strip (RGBW combined total wattage), and 288W for a 24V strip (RGBW combined total wattage). The LED strip that you have linked to does have terminals marked +,W,B,R,G so it is common anode strip.
          Last edited by Traction Tim; August 7, 2016, 09:44 AM. Reason: To clarify combined total RGBW wattage
          Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Anyone ever used one of these LED systems?

http://ledlightshack.com/12V-LED-Cra...-P2711640.aspx

I wonder if the Fibaro RGBW would control it
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I've set my first Fibaro RGBW controller yesterday and can some tell me why I'm not getting any Wattage reading when drawing about 62W? (@12v)
              and what would be the unknown (its a sensor multilevel command class) device?
              Attached Files

Comment

I've set my first Fibaro RGBW controller yesterday and can some tell me why I'm not getting any Wattage reading when drawing about 62W? (@12v)
                and what would be the unknown (its a sensor multilevel command class) device?
                Hi johnny_holden,
                Which version of the z-wave plug in are you using ? I have HS3 Pro V3.0.0.293 and z-wave plug in version 3.0.1.87 and have similar devices, but it includes a root device. I would try excluding the Fibaro RGBW device and updating your z-wave plug in, if it is older than mine, then re-including the Fibaro RGBW device.

I have a 1m remnant of my original LED tape, and that on a second Fibaro RGBW controller shows 4.6W in HS3 when RGB are all fully ON.
                Oh, and how do you know you are drawing 62W ?
                Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

One of the things - I often see Sooty Paul do when he fixes my system (frequently) is checks the associations...
                  I have often seen reporting of power fail when there are bad associations.
                  I would recommend adding more information - about your module from the zwave node page. What plugin versions your using for zwave. Stick. And association details.?

Comment

I am still trying to find a good RGBW led strip to use with this. I need about 64' of led strip
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I Used 2 1/2 reels on the outside of the house under the eaves.

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-16...CGWV36H6G871Q0

and this power supply:

https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Water...QCJ82MADTE1AC5
                      Attached Files
                      Michael

Comment

Thanks... looks good
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

That looks pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When you guys are changing the "custom color" via the color picker, did you notice the value does not save in HS3 after a refresh? Not sure how to make it stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                              I have had a look in my local Costco, and they no longer have this LED strip. It isn't the Sylvania one that DSteiNeuro found. I had purchased this a couple of years ago, and waited for something that it could do. After hearing my poor old dog roll down the stairs in the dark, I had found it

Blade: The Fibaro RGBW is for common anode LED strip (i.e. the tape will have a +12V {Or +24V} and three negatives for RGB {four negatives with RGBW} - the Fibaro module switches the negative side of the supply). You need to ensure that you have the correct polarity strip [Don't buy common cathode], and then be careful of the maximum watts drawn. The data sheet for the Fibaro module shows that it can supply 144W for a 12V strip (RGBW combined total wattage), and 288W for a 24V strip (RGBW combined total wattage). The LED strip that you have linked to does have terminals marked +,W,B,R,G so it is common anode strip.
                              CATHODE VS ANODE
                              This SOLVES the mystery on why most people's "fireplace" setting is Green! I just purchased NEW rgbw pucks to replace a WW and I tied it into my existing RGBW wiring powered by the Fibaro RGBW we're talking about. Hooked up all the colors in the proper slots, but when I turned on fireplace setting my new puck shows Red, but my old one shows green... hmmm. I look closer at the wiring and I originally swapped the G and R colors (why?) know it all makes sense. My RGB strips are common Cathode, and the new pucks are Anode... now do I pull ALL 300' (yes with multiple power supplies) and re-wire with the common anode? I really would like to see the fireplace light my living room in the proper colors... right now it's more like "radioactive mode"
                              Thank you for explaining this!

Comment

This was incredibly helpful and saved me a TON of time. Thanks @HectoSeer

Comment

Working...
                                X