Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Door Automation Help

Hello

Could someone help me with how I would automate this garage door either by RF or by a binary sensor.
    If I require a binary sensor or a relay, could someone explain how - and could it be done with a Fibaro and how would I connect it?

Thank you

Attached Files
    Last edited by smokeycoles; July 19, 2016, 03:09 PM.

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
    Hello

Could someone help me with how I would automate this garage door either by RF or by a binary sensor.
    If I require a binary sensor or a relay, could someone explain how - and could it be done with a Fibaro and how would I connect it?

Thank you

Your first choice to check with these guys here http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1222
    Plugin
    Contact this guy : http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1255378

This video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buAzgDpgIJo He is doing similar to what you want.

More reading but interesting :https://hackaday.io/project/4562-esp...rt-garage-door

And with this plugin : http://dzjee.xs4all.nl/hs3/mqtt/mqtt.html (It's in the updater) every sensor you introduce in the mix will be talking to HomeSeer.

Note: It's not the easy route but who knows what you want to add on next time. You will then have everthing in place!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean how to provide a mechanism for HS to operate the door? Do you have a security system that monitors if the door is open or closed?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean how to provide a mechanism for HS to operate the door? Do you have a security system that monitors if the door is open or closed?

Hi Mike,

I don't know if he could do with my help and of course I have never seen this before but I managed decipher his images and edited them accordingly. If the information I gave is true then it's a plus! You/he can start from there. But if it's all wrong then at least I tried.

:And on another note, that black module looks like Z-wave (868.3 Mhz. ) which is controlled by a fob key or remote.

Please see attached images.

Edit: The Z-wave type is EnOcean (In this document :http://www.automatedbuildings.com/ne...04sinopoli.htm)

Eman.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Eman; July 20, 2016, 04:55 AM. Reason: More info.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

You should be able to control the garage door using a zwave relay connected to terminals 1 and 2. The relay should be set to close for a short period of time and the reopen. ZWave and Enocean protocols are not compatible. There is an Enocean plugin here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176549. You would need a compatible receiver (something like: http://uk.farnell.com/enocean/usb-30...mhz/dp/2342011) and need to confirm whether the plugin supports the module for the opener.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi

Apologies about the original question.
            I can buy a DSC device to monitor the status of the open/closed door.
            The Marantec 868.3MHz allows the fobs to send commands to open and close.
            I have both the terminal block and the Marantec already. Nothing is connected to the terminal block and the Marantec opens and closes the door with a paired fob.

What I hope to do is have Homeseer send an open and close to the door..

----

I guess my 433 RFXCom is not on the same frequency of the ENOCEAN, I will ask if the plugin can support it.
            If OK, how do you know if Marantec uses the Enocean protocol?

I am interested in the Z-Wave method more though..
            Would a http://manuals.fibaro.com/binary-sensor/
            across terminals 1 and 2 work? It has a switched output?

From your experience would I need to have a voltage on the terminal of line 1 or would one already be present?
            Terminal 3 says 24vDC, I was unsure whether this needed a supply or if there is one present - I guess I can check this with my fluke actually.

Comment

Put the zwave relay in parallel with the button that you use to open and close (should work unless it's like the new chamberlains that actually send some sorts code). Then make sure you have a zwave door sensor of some sort on the door to see if it's open or not.

Comment

Assuming that terminals 1 & 2 (impulse) are what's used to trigger the open / close procedure then you can use a Fibaro FGS-212 or FGS-222. This is how I control my electric gates with an FGS-222.

Both the Fibaro units have zero volt contacts and can be configured for auto off (parameters 3 & 4 FGS-212) and (parameters 3, 4 & 5 FGS-222).

In the case of the FGS-212 you would connect the IN and O terminals to 1 & 2 on the garage door controller (either way round) and set for say a 2 second pulse. You just need to send the ON command when you need to pulse and the module will auto OFF.

The issue you will have (assuming that both open and close are triggered from the same pulse terminals) is that HS3 won't know if the door is open or closed.

What I do is use a magnetic contact (door state) combined with some events:

Event 1 (Open Door)
                IF Door Sensor is CLOSED
                Then Set Fibaro FGS to ON

Event 2 (Close Door)
                IF Door Sensor is OPEN
                Then Set Fibaro FGS to ON

Paul..

Comment

Thanks Paul

I will do that, buy a 2x1.5kW relay and set the parameters.
                  I did not consider this as I have never used it with anything but 240V but it makes sense.

Thank you; I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks all very much for the input - I have a way forward!

Comment

Just a thought depending on how elaborate you want to be.

I actually have 2 sets of contacts on my gates for both open and closed detection. If gates are neither open nor closed for more than X time then they are stuck so zoom PTZ camera to gates, take a pic and send it to my phone.

I find this useful if we're away from home and have to open the gates remotely for someone.

Paul..

Comment

Wow..

Like microswitches, so you can also see it travelling like a Vv on a SCADA.
                      That's brilliant, and I love the idea of the camera. I have actually got plans to put another FOSCAM in there as well.

Comment

Thanks Paul

I will do that, buy a 2x1.5kW relay and set the parameters.
                        I did not consider this as I have never used it with anything but 240V but it makes sense.

Thank you; I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks all very much for the input - I have a way forward!
                        I'm sure you were aware but the Fibaro will still need powering with 240v on the L & N terminals.

Paul..

Comment

Yes

I will need to tap into the main feed which is supplying the garage door opener.
                          I am sure that won't be a problem, I have some plastic slide in terminal blocks.
                          Then I will place the relay in a little junction box to keep it all hidden and out of reach/touch. First time I will have supplied just L and not L&IN to these modules.

Comment

Working...
                          X