Looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for advice

I would like to install a display lamp above my rifle rack. Would be very difficult to wire in a 120V system, so I was wondering if any has any experience with a battery operated LED lamp, that could be controlled by HomeSeer, preferably Z-Wave

Thanks for any ideas in advance.

Does the light have a remote control? If not I'm not sure how you can control it.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Here way long time ago went to doing 120VAC (bending conduit and hiding it in walls) and today just converting that stuff to 120VAC LED illumination.

You can do LV (LED) illumination hiding the wires if possible as the wire guage can be very thin for LV LED lighting. I have been able to extend decorative wood trim hiding wires doing this sort of stuff.

You would see more with batteries than one thin gauge LV wire.

I have a brick home here with a deck adjacent to the back of the house.

I wanted extend my zoned audio out side mounting the outdoor speakers on the brick. I just made a piece of trim same color (used cedar) stained as the deck and hollowed out the brick side to run the 16 gauge speaker wires. It looks ok to me.

Historically here have also utilized a wood crafter here to build new stuff and modify old stuff. The obi wan wood crafter did magic and I was impressed with his work.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
      Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I have seen several with wireless remotes. just wondering if anyone has tried yet.

Comment

Originally posted by deakins View Post
          I have seen several with wireless remotes. just wondering if anyone has tried yet.
          There are some older threads where users have hacked the remote and use various methods to have HS active the buttons. Other than this you might find a light that could be controller by a wireless solution like the RFXCom hardware.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the remote control for this could be modded somehow or using a RFXCom transmitter?
            Jon

Comment

You could mode the wireless remote with a Z-Wave LV switch.

The pictured two devices are less than $10 on Ebay.

I think today you can purchase a wireless relays are even smaller than the pictured one.

You would need a battery for the wireless relay and the LED lighting here. Note that most of these are for 120VAC switching but the voltage to drive the relays is low DC voltage and typically 12VDC.

You probably could find one using 5VDC and power the LEDs with 5VDC.

LED lamps ==> switch ==> battery supply (6 or 12VDC)
              Wireless relay ==> battery supply (6 or 12VDC)

Wireless remote switch ==> solder to switch tabs inside of remote two wires and connect the two wires to a Z-Wave LV switch or a regular Z-Wave switch connected to a 120VAC relay.
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
              Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
              HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

FS20Z

I think I am just going to use the FS20Z and get a battery powered LED. I will let you all know how it turns out

Comment

Working...
                X