Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door/Window Sensor not reliable

Hi!

New to Home Automation and HomeSeer. I bought the Zee S2 and I'm having trouble with the first sensors I bought, the Ecolink Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor (DWZWAVE2-ECO). They don't seem to be reliable at all, they frequently miss the ACK from the controller (red LED stays on). Are these sensors proven to be reliable for you? Could it be the S2? I just ordered one Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor to try it out.

Thanks for your support.

Ricardo

Originally posted by ricalv View Post
    Hi!

New to Home Automation and HomeSeer. I bought the Zee S2 and I'm having trouble with the first sensors I bought, the Ecolink Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor (DWZWAVE2-ECO). They don't seem to be reliable at all, they frequently miss the ACK from the controller (red LED stays on). Are these sensors proven to be reliable for you? Could it be the S2? I just ordered one Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor to try it out.

Thanks for your support.

Ricardo
    Hi Ricardo,

How far away is the sensor from the Zee? Do you have any other z-wave devices?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I just bought two of these a few months ago and had the same issue you mention about the red light staying on and then not updating in HomeSeer intermittently when the window was opened or closed. I removed them from the network and re-added then optimized the network and they have worked fine since (I open the windows almost daily at night).

Comment

Sparkman, one of them I tried at 12-15 ft from Zee, the other is 20-25 ft from Zee. Both of them, as well as the Zee, in a fairly open area. At the time I only had those two devices, just received a lamp module and the Aeon sensor, will try them tomorrow.

Comment

Planetview, thanks for the input, will try that.

Comment

Working...
          X