Help with erroneous event trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with erroneous event trigger

Please help with this. These events are triggering by themselves. I've asked about this before and changed everything I can think of:
    deleted and recreated events
    changed names on devices and events

Nothing works. It seems to happen only once a day but at no certain time and I can't see anything else that always happens around it. Excerpts from the log are in the attachnemt. The first one is the event triggering itself with no change in the sensor and the second is the way it normally is with the sensor triggering the event

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!!
    Attached Files

It would be a big help if you could provide a screenshot of the actual events themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      It would be a big help if you could provide a screenshot of the actual events themselves.
      Here's screenshot
      Attached Files

Comment

Am I correct that within each of the two sequences, the log entries are earliest at the bottom?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Do you know if the HS device that corresponds to the Insteon sensor changes to On when the event triggers mysteriously? My first guess is that it is not an event mystery, but that the device value change is causing the event to trigger unexpectedly. If so, the question would be, is there anything that could cause the HS device value to change besides receiving an Insteon signal?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            Am I correct that within each of the two sequences, the log entries are earliest at the bottom?
            Yes, earliest is at bottom.

Comment

Do you know if the HS device that corresponds to the Insteon sensor changes to On when the event triggers mysteriously? My first guess is that it is not an event mystery, but that the device value change is causing the event to trigger unexpectedly. If so, the question would be, is there anything that could cause the HS device value to change besides receiving an Insteon signal?
              If the insteon sensor is triggering the event, why doesn't the item appear in the log?
              In the bottom sequence you can see the senor go when the door opens and that triggers the events. In te top sequene, the evengts trigger but there is nothing sowing that the sensor went on to trigger the events. If the sensor is going on at wrong times, why doesn't it show in the log?

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                If the insteon sensor is triggering the event, why doesn't the item appear in the log? . . . If the sensor is going on at wrong times, why doesn't it show in the log?
                I don't know the answer to that question, but it may be the question that needs an answer.

I'm just trying to understand the problem:
                - Is the event running with no trigger?
                - Or is it seeing what it thinks is a trigger (the HS device corresponding to the sensor changing state, even though the sensor itself is not)?
                - Or is the sensor actually being tripped, but isn't showing in the log for some reason?

Perhaps you could create another event that has the same trigger, but just writes a message to the log. Does it run at the same time as the troublesome one, even if the sensor does not generate a log entry itself?

Comment

Do you have the "do not log commands from this device" checked for the device?

Which insteon plugin are you using?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do not log for sensor device is not checked.
                    Insteon plugin version is 3.0.5.77.

It appears that the homeseer device turns on without any command from the sensor (at least it doesn't show in the log). So it isn't events triggering by themselves, it's an HS device that triggers by itself.
                    Hopefully someone knows how to deal with that???

Comment

The sensor device in HS has no control switches, so once it's on not telling what will happen. Once it's on, the only way I can find to turn it off is to open and close the door.
                      Help!!

Comment

How difficult is it to recreate the device in HS? Can you just delete it and let the plug-in create it again? (I have no experience with Insteon.)

Comment

How difficult is it to recreate the device in HS? Can you just delete it and let the plug-in create it again? (I have no experience with Insteon.)
                          Deleted and re-created device and still have the problem. I have a hard time believing it's the device itself. When it triggers the event the trigger shows in the log. The problem is that the event goes by itself sometimes and I don't think it's the device doing it-it would show up in the log.I really need help to fix this!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                            Deleted and re-created device and still have the problem. I have a hard time believing it's the device itself. When it triggers the event the trigger shows in the log. The problem is that the event goes by itself sometimes and I don't think it's the device doing it-it would show up in the log.
                            I agree with your assessment, but it's a real puzzle.

I do not have any good ideas for fixing the problem, but there may be a work around - which might even provide a hint about what is going on. My idea is to change the event with the mysterious trigger so that when the Insteon device goes on the event waits for a brief time (a second or two), then triggers an intermediate event with a manual trigger and the condition that the Insteon device is On. That event would then trigger the other events. That way, you would have two successive and independent tests of the door sensor state.

Comment

try to put a virtual device between it (in the events) , then it maybe work for a temp work arround..

like before it triggers the zwave device it first needs to trigger the virtual device and then the virtual device needs to trigger the zwave..
                              Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                              Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Working...
                              X