Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter Script behavior changed between 3.0.0.163 &187, still problem in 280 & 293

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counter Script behavior changed between 3.0.0.163 &187, still problem in 280 & 293

A few old, unchanged VBScripts that increment counters fail in 3.0.0.187, 280, and 293, but work fine in 3.0.0.163 when using hs.CounterIncrement("countername") or it's decrement counterpart in a script.

I backed down to 163 and the counter increments fine, but I recently bought an Amazon Echo and had to upgrade to 280 to use it.

The old problem is back, so I just downloaded 293 and still have the same problem. Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

Here's one of the scripts (note the call to write the before/after and counter values to the log at the end):

Here's the log entry:
    Type/Error Message/Source
    CellCount Correction 2 => 1 (CellCount=2)

The script gets the current value of the counter and correctly calculates and displays the oldcount and new cc values, but the CellCount counter remains unchanged.

Sub CountCellPhones(var)
    DIM cc As Integer
    DIM oldcount As Integer

cc=0
    oldcount = hs.Countervalue("CellCount")

'check for my phone, Device ID = 336
    IF(hs.DeviceValue(336)>0) THEN
    cc = cc + 1
    END IF
    'now check for wife's phone, Device ID = 99
    IF(hs.DeviceValue(99)>0) THEN
    cc = cc + 1
    END IF

IF (cc< hs.CounterValue("CellCount")) THEN
    WHILE (hs.CounterValue("CellCount") < cc)
    hs.CounterIncrement("CellCount")
    END WHILE
    ELSE
    WHILE (hs.CounterValue("CellCount") > cc)
    hs.CounterDecrement("CellCount")
    END WHILE
    END IF

IF (cc <> oldCount) THEN
    hs.WriteLog("CellCount","Correction " & oldCount & " => " & cc & " (CellCount=" & hs.Countervalue("CellCount") & ")")
    END IF
    End Sub
    Last edited by dzee; July 30, 2016, 03:06 PM.
Working...
X