Ecolink PIR Associations not Working in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecolink PIR Associations not Working in HS3

This may be a bug and may not be unique to Ecolink PIR. When I create an association (either group 2 or group 1) between the PIR and a Z-wave light switch, motion does not control the light switch and the status of the Ecolink device (motion/no motion) is no longer reported to HS3. Reporting of motion status returns after I delete the association. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I'm not sure the problem, but if I remember correctly, they only have one group and group 1 has to be associated to HS for it to see any updates from the sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      I'm not sure the problem, but if I remember correctly, they only have one group and group 1 has to be associated to HS for it to see any updates from the sensor.
      Thanks for the response. In the Z-Wave tab for the root device, under "Associations," there was a choice of 2 groups. Neither Group 1 nor Group 2 worked. Specifically, Group 1 association with the switch did not work (i.e., motion did not turn on the light and no motion did not turn off the light) and Group 2 association with the switch did not work. In each case, by setting up an association, the PIR no longer was reporting its status. No logging was seen for the PIR, when it was associated with a device. All was returned to normal, when I deleted the association.
      Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
      X