Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help on Sunrise / Sunset Events

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help on Sunrise / Sunset Events

    Hello

    I would like to make three events, please can you help me do this?
    I am struggling with the HomeSeer Logic

    Event 1
    If (Sunset -1:30hour) to (Sunset)
    ....

    Event 2
    If (Sunset) to (Sunset + 2:00hour)
    .....

    Event 3
    If (Sunset + 2:00hour) to (Sunrise + 1:00 hour)

    Thank you

  • #2
    Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
    Hello

    I would like to make three events, please can you help me do this?
    I am struggling with the HomeSeer Logic

    Event 1
    If (Sunset -1:30hour) to (Sunset)
    ....

    Event 2
    If (Sunset) to (Sunset + 2:00hour)
    .....

    Event 3
    If (Sunset + 2:00hour) to (Sunrise + 1:00 hour)

    Thank you
    You cannot use a range of times as a trigger. A range of times tied to sunrise/sunset condition is impossible to do without virtual devices.

    Since you have Easy Trigger, schedules would be the easiest. For a range it would be used as a condition, but the trigger would be the question.

    Can you be more specific on what you want to accomplish?
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

    Comment


    • #3
      So for example a full event which is currently working:

      IF time is after 20:30
      AND IF Stairway PIR is equal to Opened

      OR IF time is before 06:00
      AND IF Stairway PIR is equal to Opened

      THEN run event stair_mode_3


      Another working example is:

      IF time is after 19:00
      AND IF time is before 20:30
      AND IF Stairway PIR is equal to Opened
      THEN run event stair_mode_2


      However I want to replace it with the sunset/sunrise times mentioned above to make it more summer/winter friendly?
      I thought this would be an easy one

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
        So for example a full event which is currently working:

        IF time is after 20:30
        AND IF Stairway PIR is equal to Opened

        OR IF time is before 06:00
        AND IF Stairway PIR is equal to Opened

        THEN run event stair_mode_3


        Another working example is:

        IF time is after 19:00
        AND IF time is before 20:30
        AND IF Stairway PIR is equal to Opened
        THEN run event stair_mode_2


        However I want to replace it with the sunset/sunrise times mentioned above to make it more summer/winter friendly?
        I thought this would be an easy one
        The problem is there are no conditions with offsets from sunrise/sunset that would work built in to HS.

        What we have is:
        The time is before/after Sunset
        The time is before/after Sunrise
        The time is /daytime/nighttime

        What we need is:
        The time is before/after this before/after Sunrise
        The time is before/after this before/after Sunset

        So that we could have conditions
        If the time is after 1 hour after sunset
        If the time is before 1 hour before sunrise

        There are triggers:
        The Time is this before sunrise
        The Time is this after sunrise
        The Time is this before sunset
        The Time is this after sunset

        These triggers could be used in events to set a virtual device.

        Currently there are two options, using a virtual device that is turned off and on with events as a condition or use an Easy Trigger schedule.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

        Comment


        • #5
          I wonder if Spud would do a request for

          Before Sunset +/- ? hour
          After Sunset +/- ? hour

          Before Sunrise +/- ? hour
          After Sunrise +/- ? hour

          Between Sunrise +/- ? hour to Sunset +/- ? hour
          Between Sunset +/- ? hour to Sunrise +/- ? hour

          Do you think its worth asking Randy?

          Otherwise I think having a Summer Schedule and Winter Schedule is my best options...

          Comment


          • #6
            I do this with a virtual device.
            I have events that are timed to sunset and sunrise. Each event has multiple actions, but one of them is to modify my virtual device value.
            At 15 min before sunrise I set it to 'Day'.
            At sunset I set it to 'Night'.
            At 30 min after sunset I set it to 'Dark Night'.
            At 30 min before sunrise I set it to 'Night' again.
            I use the value of the virtual device as a condition on other events.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

            HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
              I wonder if Spud would do a request for

              Before Sunset +/- ? hour
              After Sunset +/- ? hour

              Before Sunrise +/- ? hour
              After Sunrise +/- ? hour

              Between Sunrise +/- ? hour to Sunset +/- ? hour
              Between Sunset +/- ? hour to Sunrise +/- ? hour

              Do you think its worth asking Randy?

              Otherwise I think having a Summer Schedule and Winter Schedule is my best options...
              I find Spud to be very responsive, it won't hurt to ask. I think they would be useful conditions to have. I did suggest it in post 11 of the feature requests thread before he added sunrise and sunset offsets to the schedule. He thought it would be too confusing to add to conditions - I think it would be handy. Maybe if someone else suggests it, he might reconsider.
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi

                I do exactly what you are looking to do with a virtual device in exactly the same way as Uncle Micheal.
                I have a virtual device called 'Night Time' Then at 30mins before sunset I turn that device on. At 30 mins after sunset I turn that device off.
                Then all you need to do is add all your events that you want to run at night time into a night time group which has the group condition set to only run when the virtual device night time is on.
                Alternatively use the virtual night time as a condition in your event.

                Hope that helps

                Comment


                • #9
                  I did this using a virtual devices too, but now that I have Easy Trigger, going forward, I'll do it using that plugin. This is how it's done (it's very simple) - http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=7

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
                    I wonder if Spud would do a request for

                    Before Sunset +/- ? hour
                    After Sunset +/- ? hour

                    Before Sunrise +/- ? hour
                    After Sunrise +/- ? hour

                    Between Sunrise +/- ? hour to Sunset +/- ? hour
                    Between Sunset +/- ? hour to Sunrise +/- ? hour

                    Do you think its worth asking Randy?

                    Otherwise I think having a Summer Schedule and Winter Schedule is my best options...
                    That is e best solution. Now that Spud added "Set schedule to another schedule" you can automate your seasonal changes as well. That is something that is more complex to do with virtual devices.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

                    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you everyone, there is some fantastic information in here.
                      I will experiment this weekend with Spud's plugin, and maybe virtual devices if I struggle, the description above tell me how I can achieve both options.
                      See what I find easier, and I will report back in with an update.

                      If anyone has similar examples how to achieve the schedules for sunset and sunrise + / -, I would welcome it.

                      But very happy with this discussion

                      Thank you

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X