Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switch all Lights On and every relay too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch all Lights On and every relay too?

Hi All.

I really like the event Z-Wave All Lights On (ideal for a security event with a partition in alarm). However I noticed it operated some relays which are mainly lights but a few fans and other things including a garage door.

I know I can make a manual event sending a command to each one in turn, however I was wondering if there was a way to specify which are lights or which are not?

Can this be done?

If you do not want them all then you will need to create an event to control only the ones you want. I added 10 lights to my event which covers most of the house in case of an emergency.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
      Hi All.

I really like the event Z-Wave All Lights On (ideal for a security event with a partition in alarm). However I noticed it operated some relays which are mainly lights but a few fans and other things including a garage door.

I know I can make a manual event sending a command to each one in turn, however I was wondering if there was a way to specify which are lights or which are not?

Can this be done?
      Hi Chris,

Most devices have a setting/parameter that can control if they participate in All On/All Off or both. Check the settings under the zwave tab for each type of device. If it's not shown there, check the parameters that are available for it in the manual.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Of course I have seen those parameters before.
        I think I will use it for the garage door relay!
        Thanks Al

As for the lighting, I think Rupp your right, an event is the best and easiest method, then I can always change at later dates too.

Comment

Working...
        X