GoControl Linear Garage opener stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl Linear Garage opener stopped working

So the other day my GoControl Linear Garage door opener stopped responding to open/close commands. At first I thought it was a z-wave distance issue, as it's far away from my controller. After a bunch of z-wave debugging I came to the conclusion that is not the case - I can Test Connectivity and an Optimize the device. But when I try to open/close the door I get:

Code:
    Error setting BARRIER for Main Floor Garage Garage Door Opener, Send failed.
    If I try doing a Full Optimize I get:

Code:
    Aug-25 9:26:22 AM	 	Error	Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveControllers: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.PropagateIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Aug-25 9:26:20 AM	 	Error	Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveControllers: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.PropagateIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Aug-25 9:26:20 AM	 	Z-Wave	Zoe: Device Main Floor Garage Garage Door Opener Root Device Optimization and Add Route completed successfully.
    Aug-25 9:26:18 AM	 	Error	Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveControllers: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.PropagateIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Aug-25 9:26:18 AM	 	Z-Wave	Assigning return route from node 1 to Main Floor Garage Garage Door Opener Root Device
    Any suggestions?

Paul

Bump. Anyone at all? I'm hoping my device isn't hoop but rather it's some sort of db-ish thing that can be fixed.....

Comment

Have you tried waking it and then doing a rescan? If that doesn't work, you may have to exclude it and re-add it.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I actually haven't. silly me. I don't actually have to wake it as it's powered, not battery. But I'll go rescan and try re-adding it if necessary....

Comment

Ok. So, a rescan didn't work, but deleting and re-adding the device did. I'd be interested to know if there could have been a more surgical way to fix the problem, though. I really dislike deleting and re-adding devices, because then I have to fix Names, groupings, events, etc.

Oh well. At least it's working again...

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X