Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker client on remote PC - voice recognition

Hi all,

I am using Homeseers SEL running HS3 on Linux to control events etc.

I have now connected a Windows 10 PC running a speaker client connected to above SEL and announcements work just as expected.

Just starting to setup Voice recognition but get an error in the speaker client window, so VR not working.

My question is will this setup work ? Or is it not possible to use VR on a separate machine?

Error is something about final.xml grammar file.

Thoughts please ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Here way back with speaker dot exe running and first testing I just copied over the entire HS3 directory then removed bits and pieces of it to thin it out. There is a directory buried in there with grammar files.

For VR oversized the microphone it a bit using the Kinect device / plugin.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What error are you receiving in the speaker client.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        What error are you receiving in the speaker client.
        Pete -Rupp

Error displayed in speaker client box
        is

30-Aug-16 8:38:12 PM:Error loading grammar file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Speaker\Grammar\Grammar_myles-PC#Default_Final.xml : Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045003

Does this mean I have to copy a certain folder from Homeseer (on SEL) and place on drive of PC running speaker client?

Steve
        Steve

Comment

Does this mean I have to copy a certain folder from Homeseer (on SEL) and place on drive of PC running speaker client?

yes

It's been a while here testing on Windows 10. I just copied the entire HS directory initially then removed directories and pieces not needed one at a time.

That and personally I would test out MS SAPI TTS / VR with the MS training stuff to make sure it is working before playing with the speaker VR stuff.

Do this all locally on the client first.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, thank you . Will see how I get on.

Steve

Comment

Pete copied entire HS folder to C drive of Windows PC.

Should I be using the Standalone speaker.exe or the speaker.exe file in the HS folder?

Tried both methods but still no joy!

Now get the following error.

Help!

01-Sep-16 7:11:03 PM:Error creating required directories or files: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Speaker\wave_files\readme.txt' is denied.
              01-Sep-16 7:11:05 PM:Connected
              01-Sep-16 7:11:15 PM:Error loading grammar file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Speaker\Grammar\Grammar_myles-PC#Default_Final.xml : Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045003
              Steve

Comment

Try the speaker client on the HomeSeer downloads page.

Comment

Rupp

This is where I downloaded it from. Shall I delete and reinstall ?

Steve

Comment

Did you check the permissions on that file on the windows box to make sure it's not read-only or locked in some manner.

Comment

Did you check the permissions on that file on the windows box to make sure it's not read-only or locked in some manner.

Rupp, yes, it's permission are read and execute.
                      Any other suggestions ?

Steve

Comment

Rupp,

Have reinstalled speaker client from website but to no avail .

Anything I can try ?

Steve

Comment

I'm not sure what is going on here. Make sure the user defined in the speaker client is the same user defined in the HSTouch plugin options. I'm not sure why you're getting that error though. Try filling out this form for additional assistance.
                          https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/product-support

Comment

I'm not sure what is going on here. Make sure the user defined in the speaker client is the same user defined in the HSTouch plugin options. I'm not sure why you're getting that error though. Try filling out this form for additional assistance.

https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/product-support

Rupp,

Done

Steve

Comment

@Steve,

Better to install HS3 with administrative rights or even speaker exe file. Looks like you are not doing this.

Or highlight the directory of HS3 and give it rights for everybody.

Well too concurrently go to the SAPI control panel application on Windows 10 and make sure both TTS and VR are working.

Train the SAPI VR if you want. If this part doesn't work then the speaker dot exe VR will not work.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X