No announcement yet.

Speaker client on remote PC - voice recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a quick test here without training on Windows 10 and get the same as you Steve.

Apologies. I needed to test this on Windows 10. I have only tested the Kinect VR stuff and not the Speaker VR stuff on the Windows 10 computer.

01-Sep-16 7:11:15 PM:Error loading grammar file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Speaker\Grammar\Grammar_myles-PC#Default_Final.xml : Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045003

Looking where this file comes from.

Here is the same error brought up in 2010 with HS2?

Googling it is a known problem and many folks have complained about it.

Found a ticket open on it with no resolution.

Bug 1274 - Exception Saving Grammer

Rich posted a fix here for UK and VR for Homeseer 2.2 (same error) and Vista.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Did a quick test here without training on Windows 10 and get the same as you Steve.

Apologies. I needed to test this on Windows 10. I have only tested the Kinect VR stuff and not the Speaker VR stuff on the Windows 10 computer.

01-Sep-16 7:11:15 PM:Error loading grammar file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Speaker\Grammar\Grammar_myles-PC#Default_Final.xml : Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045003

Looking where this file comes from.

Here is the same error brought up in 2010 with HS2?

Googling it is a known problem and many folks have complained about it.

Found a ticket open on it with no resolution.

Bug 1274 - Exception Saving Grammer

Rich posted a fix here for UK and VR for Homeseer 2.2 (same error) and Vista.

Pete,

Thank you for your time on this. Ive been pulling my hair out on this for a couple of days now. This is such hard work when you're a pc user and not a techie.

Like you, I googled it and can see this has been around for a while and yet nobody seems to know how to fix it!

Late over here in UK and wifes gone to bed so wouldn't appreciate announcements around the house this time of night. Guess ill have to pay tomorrow!
      Steve

Comment

Here shut off all TTS after we go to sleep due to WAF.

I use chimes now. You just have to know what the number of chimes means.

One if by land, two if by sea....
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, read the forum but still not sure if there's a fix in there for Windows 10. Am I missing something ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Steve

Comment

I dunno.

Never tested just the speaker dot exe. Kinect plugin worked fine with TTS/VR.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Enabled VR on the Speech applet in control panel on the embedded Wintel Joggler.

Went thru the training session which took a bit of time.

Enabled speaker and tested VR. Still same grammar file error.

Then configured Microsoft Media Player. I had not done this with the Joggler embedded XP as I do not utilize it.

Thinking that Rupp mentioned Microsoft Media Player in one of the older posts relating to said issue.

I had MS Media player installed on the Joggler but never configured it.

The second media player control on the right wasn't there before I had configured MS Media Player.

Tried the speaker and VR and it worked fine.

Next will play some more with windows 10 and speech control panel.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; September 2, 2016, 08:19 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Kinect plugin worked fine with TTS/VR.
                Pete, Think you've just converted me, just looked at Kinect PI and i think thats the way forward.

New territory yet again.

In the meantime, if you find a fix for speaker dot exe. please post

Your a bad influence , what with this and now 6 Jogglers later
                Steve

Comment

What is the Kinect Pi?

Yeah I hope to get it working on the W10 computer.

Jogglers are addicting.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

What is the Kinect Pi?

Yeah I hope to get it working on the W10 computer.

Jogglers are addicting.

Pete,

Spuds in the updater. Guessing all Kinect drivers etc to be loaded on Windows 10 PC and hardware plugged into this PC also.

Sel is just the vehicle to get info there !

Steve

Comment

Yes; here tested Spud's Kinect and Alexa plugin on a mini PC running Windows 10 connected to a dual touch 15" touch screen.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OK tested speaker dot exe running on Windows 10 today connected to HS3 Pro.

I do like this as there are NO dependencies on the internet to use it. I've been testing the Amazon Echo and Kinect devices. I like using Spud's Kinect plugin and Alexa plugin. You can do whole house audio for these which puts both your internal TTS speech font and the Alexa (Amazon Echo) speech font on your whole house audio. You can even have them talk to each other.

Touchscreen device is a PipoX7 connected to a 15" multitouch display using a logitech camera microphone. Works also with the Kinect combination.
                        An ideal Windows 10 client would be a small 8" Windows 10 tablet with a wired NIC. OR the Pipo desktop touchscreen device. I do not like though the presentation of it and wishing it looked more like the Joggler. They really need to redesign it. I have done up a Joggler running Windows 10. It works but is slow and my preferences today is just running embedded XP on the Jogglers. I honestly do not know if I want to leave a HSTouch / Speaker dot exe Pipo running Windows 10 unless it is stripped down to the core of Windows 10 (which I have done on another computer - difficult and a real PITA).

I am using this one.

Ideally one like this would work as a combination speaker dot exe client and HSTouch device. It is around $100 USD which is really a good price but not as good as a $35 USD modded Joggler.

What I did here. Thinking that it was the training first that helped. I had not trained the MS VR before testing last time.
                        That is all I did this time to get it to work. Nothing else and no grammer file errors this time.

1 - did one VR training session in Windows 10.
                        2 - created a text to speech event and directed output to said speaker dot exe for client
                        3 - started up speaker dot exe and enabled recognition
                        4 - worked fine. Actually the recognition is way better in Windows 10 than Windows embedded XP.

Thinking though for one bedside Joggler to VR train it and maybe configure simple stuff like relating to time and security stuff?

See pictures.

I have attached a picture of the monitor, Kinect and Logitech combo over the monitor with the Joggler below.

NOTE of caution here which is unrelated to said endeavor except for taking digital pictures. We buy all sorts of batteries. Lately noticed that the I have had more than one Energizer Alkaline battery leak over the last year which now puts them on my S-List of poor quality garbage batteries. We purchase these in bulk packs. I have thrown out what we had left in these batteries now and asked wife never to purchase them. The generic batteries purchased from wherever are doing better and they are cheaper. The battery leaked inside of my digital camera and I had to clean the contacts.

BTW so pissed off at this garbage quality Everyready battery wrote a PO (pissed off) Everyready battery review on Amazon, wrote to Everyready complaining, filed a complaint with the AG (which is a waste anyways), Consumer reports and FDA. Took 5 minutes to do this and still cannot clean what damage occurred in my digital camera.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pete; September 4, 2016, 08:55 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Thanks, followed all instructions to the letter but still no joy !

I have allowed all permissions and start speaker client as admin .

File is being created , I surmise this is the VR training file being generated it can't find .

Can I now delete the homeseer file I originally copied over as you suggested in your earlier post?

I'm guessing this now no longer required ?

It appears that the file path is correct ???

Steve

Comment

BTW the first VR MS training session is basic and a few minutes long. You have to do that before anything else using microsoft.

This doesn't have anything to do with speaker dot exe and speaker dot exe cannot be running when you train your computer.

Here originally with the PiPoX7 configured as a HSTouch client/Speaker client started with HSTouch.

This is sometime last year when I purchased the PipoX7 and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. (the freebee).

I created an HS3 directory and put HSTouch in it.

It worked fine.

Next I wanted to add speaker dot exe.

First checked out stock TTS on Windows 10 and added a bunch of my voice fonts which worked fine.

Then initially created a Homeseer 3 directory just copying over an installation I had from Windows server (rather than installing it).

Thinking I did run HS3 just to make sure it worked and it did.

Then I ran speaker dot exe and it worked relating to TTS. Never did check out VR in the beginning.

After seeing it work started to delete every file in the directory that it didn't need. Thinking I documented all of the files needed to run speaker dot exe right here on the forum. Narrowed that down to just a few files and directories.

Once that it worked fine copied those files over to my HS3 directory.

Having settled on these files made it a stock directory for all of my wintel clients that ran touch and speaker dot exe.

Only this morning did I check out the VR stuff.

There are directories needed inside of the HS3 directory and nothing above that directory.

/Program files/HS3/all of the rest of the stuff.

I think that the training file is being created in the TTS/VR Microsoft SAPI directory and speaker dot exe references the common directory.

PM me and I can fix it for you.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Tested on Steve's Windows 10 PC this afternoon.

Did a quick test.

Installed HS3 on test client.

The Speaker dot exe VR worked fine.

From reading it might be a speech proxy issue or it might be some plugin that talks to the media stuff on his SEL running HS3 in Linux.

Frustrated cuz it works fine here with my Linux HS3 Pro machine and the client running on Windows 10.
                              Last edited by Pete; September 4, 2016, 05:49 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X