Fibaro FGMS-001 Motion Sensor Associations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought one of these and overall I like it. Small form factor. However, getting it set up was kind of a pain in that after putting it in inclusion mode sometimes it doesn't last in that mode more than a few seconds.

Also, I can't associate with a aeon light i want to control. Any idea how to get associations to work? It's very confusing. Which group out of the 5 do I associate with the light? I've tried all five and no avail. The default parameters seem like they should work but are there other parameters I may not be aware of? Thanks.

Bump. Anyone use this thing?

Comment

The association is in z-wave tab.

Open the device and wake it up by pressing the B button and add the association to Group 1.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
        The association is in z-wave tab.

Open the device and wake it up by pressing the B button and add the association to Group 1.

That isn't the problem I have. There are 5 association groups and associating with a light to turn off doesn't work on any of the groups

Comment

Parameter 16, but I do use that and use events with timer start when light turn on.

Then a second event after x minute to switch off.

I have this logic as I have other sensor that are used to restart timer during different periods of day/night

Comment

Thanks, but I parameters 14 and 16 at default which should work to control a light. Parameter 16 is the basic off parameter which is set to 0 and Parameter 14 is the basic on parameter which is set to 255. Still doesn't work.

Comment

Anyone have this device associated with a light, ie control a light? Maybe it's a bug with homeseer?

Comment

Having a look @ link below, association is Group 2 and parameter 6 to turn offI have not tested this.

http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/ma...-EN-T-v2.0.pdf

Comment

Having a look @ link below, association is Group 2 and parameter 6 to turn offI have not tested this.

http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/ma...-EN-T-v2.0.pdf

Thanks. But parameter 6 is motion detection alarm cancellation delay? The default is 30. Am I supposed to set it to something else?

Comment

Try setting the association to light in Group 2 and establish if is turning on/off after 30 seconds before changing anything. If it is working, you can adjust as required

Comment

Try setting the association to light in Group 2 and establish if is turning on/off after 30 seconds before changing anything. If it is working, you can adjust as required

It's not working. I've probably tried every number under the sun and it does not control an individual light. What kind of light are you associating with, brand?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                        It's not working. I've probably tried every number under the sun and it does not control an individual light. What kind of light are you associating with, brand?
                        Hello,

I have just set up and tested and I have it doing the default turn on and 30 seconds later turn off.

I set up HomeSeer ready to retrieve Associations and then opened the sensor and pressed the B button 3 time to wake the device.

I then retrieved the Associations in Homeseer and then added Groups 2 and selected the light from the list and selected Add Association
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by brientim; September 4, 2016, 02:23 AM. Reason: Add Attachemnt

Comment

Thanks. I finally got mine working. It appears parameter 18 had to be adjusted for me. Something about security. I made it non-secure and it worked. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X