No announcement yet.

Speaker Client Problem after Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my events are the same, but it did roll back my Homeseer from 298 to 293 but it looks like Speaker is working again thankfully.

Its also adjusted some of my plugins too.

Comment

Good news Chris!

Here still on HS3 V291. Wow that is interesting that HS3 V297 speaker dot exe doesn't work.

I did a quick check here of VB and dot net stuff that I had running on W10.
      Attached Files
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Good news Chris!

Here still on HS3 V291. Wow that is interesting that HS3 V297 speaker dot exe doesn't work.

I did a quick check here of VB and dot net stuff that I had running on W10.
        It's working just fine here. Did you try it?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I will install HS3 on the Windows 10 box to see shortly.

Only running remote plugins, hstouch and speaker dot exe that talk to HS3 Pro box in Linux on the W10 box.

Will do a fresh install of HS3 V.297 and see.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Works here.

Letting Windows 10 update and will try again in a few minutes.

Updates took a while. HS3 / speaker dot exe started fine after update.

Ethernet drivers didn't load after update. Rebooted and network drivers loaded fine.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; September 10, 2016, 05:59 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I was having issues with the volume setting on my speaker client. I had updated HS3 and Windows 10 at the same time. My issue turned out to be an outdated sound card driver. Once it was updated, all was good again. Not quite the same issue, but an idea to check...

Comment

Hi I think it was the critical update which prevented it from working; I wonder if it updated my .NET to 4.6.2 which was the problem?

Interesting that I also installed the stand alone speaker which did not work either.

Before rolling back I tried installing an older version of .NET 4.6.1 and it wouldn't allow me.

I then ran the roll back which restored my HS files to the version on the the 4th September. (My events and devices were the same). But it rolled back to HS3 v293.
                So I used a program called SyncToy to sync this old HS3 version with yesterday's 3AM backup. To go back to v.298, and speaker client is still working.

I think I have taken off windows update now? It's not as clear as previous versions of Windows.

Going to set up a weekly restore point schedule now.

Now I am back to a better place; I have a few big issues:
                - Speaker Client stutters (Seriously)
                - Android HSTouch App out of Sync possibly due to XML size (Rich is looking into it)
                - MCO Zwave switch - No Group3 for Device Status Reporting
                (there's meant to be a way to fix it in HS2 but I've never had HS2).
                - Very Slow Events Page
                - BLAN and BBackup will now update to latest versions

These are now my biggest issues at the moment, I think I may be incompaitable with HomeSeer
                Last edited by smokeycoles; September 11, 2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I am at a loss for words here Chris.

Rupp said HS3 Pro /speaker dot exe worked fine for him.

I only originally tested and am using speaker dot exe old and new.

Yesterday installed newest HS3 on the PipoX7 Windows 10 box, updated it and tested Homeseer 3 and it worked fine such that I confirmed that it worked like Rupp had mentioned.

You should not see stuttering and slow events. Are you actively running AV / AntiMalware software? Usually it is high CPU utilization that does this sort of stuff. That could be an issue. Way back here on HS2 W2003 Server I did not run any AV or antimalware and dedicated the computer to only Homeseer.

Another issue could be corrupted DB's. It's difficult for me to make suggestions here as I do not utilize Windows for my Homeseer server anymore.

I still utilize SyncToy here for my NAS stuff (music and pictures mostly).

The updating is different now in Windows 10. I read it's not like a service pack but rather it's an upgrade to the OS. I didn't see a change here though in the OS version after I updated Windows 10. I have all along let Windows 10 update and the only issues I have seen is relating to hardware drivers especially USB drivers. My PipoX7 NIC is a USB device.

You are fine Chris. Just take it slow a step at a time.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
                    Hi I think it was the critical update which prevented it from working; I wonder if it updated my .NET to 4.6.2 which was the problem?

Interesting that I also installed the stand alone speaker which did not work either.

Before rolling back I tried installing an older version of .NET 4.6.1 and it wouldn't allow me.

I then ran the roll back which restored my HS files to the version on the the 4th September. (My events and devices were the same). But it rolled back to HS3 v293.
                    So I used a program called SyncToy to sync this old HS3 version with yesterday's 3AM backup. To go back to v.298, and speaker client is still working.

I think I have taken off windows update now? It's not as clear as previous versions of Windows.

Going to set up a weekly restore point schedule now.

Now I am back to a better place; I have a few big issues:
                    - Speaker Client stutters (Seriously)
                    - Android HSTouch App out of Sync possibly due to XML size (Rich is looking into it)
                    - MCO Zwave switch - No Group3 for Device Status Reporting
                    (there's meant to be a way to fix it in HS2 but I've never had HS2).
                    - Very Slow Events Page
                    - BLAN and BBackup will now update to latest versions

These are now my biggest issues at the moment, I think I may be incompaitable with HomeSeer
                    What hardware/specs are you running HS3 on?

Comment

Hi All

I have Kaspesky Antivirus

I do have a lot of Events 1552 in total, but yikes it can be slow to load them on another computer.

HS3 is running on a laptop:

AMD A8-7410APU with AMD Radeon R5 2.2GHz
                      4GB RAM (3.45GB usable)
                      64bit OS
                      Win10 Home

From About Screen:
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.298 (Windows)
                      HomeSeer: Is Registered
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                      OS Version: 10.0.10586 Service Pack: 0.0
                      Processor Type and Speed: AMD64 Family 22 Model 48 Stepping 1 at 2.05 GHz
                      Modules/Threads: 124 Modules, 149 Threads
                      Available Threads: 400
                      System Processes/Load: 111 Processes, 41% Load
                      Free / Total Physical Memory: 1.00 GBytes / 3.45 GBytes (29% free)
                      Free / Total Virtual Memory: 2.10 GBytes / 5.01 GBytes (42% free)
                      HomeSeer Memory Used: 125 Mbytes
                      Plug-In Memory Used: 14 EXE Plug-Ins using 484 Mbytes

By the way I have no idea what this means in AMD speak; I see some people on here running i5/i7 chips.

Is this machine too wimpy for the job?
                      I mean its a lot cheaper than a proper HomeSeer MiniPC?

When I am loading a group of events (say its got about 20-30 in) it takes a few minutes and my CPU on the laptop is about 96% Red?
                      CPU is about 50% with anti-virus and no real demand on it except HSTouch. But with a demand from another PC editing events - it flys up.

Disk is always pretty much 97% (Laptop SSD)
                      Memory is too about 66% most of the time.

Comment

Hi Chis,

I recently moved from a low-powered system (similar to a laptop) running XP to an i7 running W7. Although HS would run ok on my old system, things would take a long time to load and I would also see very high cpu usage. It's amazing how much better it runs on the i7. With all the plugins I use, it would take about 20 minutes to stop and restart HS, now it's about 2 minutes.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

That is some really good OPEX.

I have a few plugin's too - One or two of them I see use 20-30% of the CPU occasionally (DLNA and BLAN).

I think my system just is not man enough for what I am demanding. Since December I've really gone in hard on HA and maybe I just have reached that point where now I need to look at making it a little more future proof.

Al, could I have your full SPECs please? So I can see where I should be aiming at in terms of CPU and RAM?

Comment

You should be fine with the AMD CPU. I would maybe take the RAM to 8 Gb if you can.

Kaspesky Antivirus might be scanning everything in or out of the computer which could slow it down. Disable it for a bit and watch it. Windows 10 is a bit chatty kathy relating to the OS and the internet.

System Processes/Load: 111 Processes, 41% Load
                            This is a bit high. My AMD dual core CPU with HS3 ZeeLite on it dings at 1-2% loads.
                            I do not see anything really on the iSeries CPU load wise.

AMD and Intel speed stuff is similiar relative to baselines. ARM CPU measurements are different.

Relating here to hardware and two HS3 boxes running

1 - Zee-2 on an Xi3/Xi5 AMD dual core mini pc with 2Gb RAM and 32Gb fast SSD drive. It does fine for the Zee-2 which is running less than the HS3 Pro box. It is running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. I turned the RPi2 to a Jessie Z-Wave ZWave dot me GPIO card slave to HS3 Lite.

2 - Main mothership here is running on a fast iSeries 3 with 16Gb doing Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and MS Server mini VBs for stuff like speaker dot exe and other HS3 stuff. This one uses newest generation of m.2 SATA drives. Tiny thing. Mostly folks do iSeries 5 and gamers do iSeries 7. IE: my current iSeries 3 clocks out over 3Ghz which used to be the specs for the iSeries 5 a couple of years ago.

Fastest CPU, most amount of RAM and running in 64 bit mode is always going to be faster at running Homeseer.

IE: with HS2 did two boxes here. One running an Atom D525 (4Gb) and another running a core duo (4Gb) running Windows 2003 standard server. The Intel Core duo was faster. I do have three other Atom D525 servers configured and they do fine.

Here do not run DLNA nor do myhomeseer dot com stuff. HSTouch clients (15) run in Windows embedded and talk only internally. I recently tested one tabletop client with a VPN connection via my LTE phone and it worked fine.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
                              That is some really good OPEX.

I have a few plugin's too - One or two of them I see use 20-30% of the CPU occasionally (DLNA and BLAN).

I think my system just is not man enough for what I am demanding. Since December I've really gone in hard on HA and maybe I just have reached that point where now I need to look at making it a little more future proof.

Al, could I have your full SPECs please? So I can see where I should be aiming at in terms of CPU and RAM?
                              Hi Chris, the link is in my sig. It's equipped with 8GB of RAM, a i7-4790T Quad Core Processor and a 128 GB SSD.

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

If I'm recommending I would say i7 with 8GB RAM minimum and 16 just to be future proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X