Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey Sierra
    replied
    I have Schlage deadbolts that auto-retract when the code is entered. Love em. Only the Schlage models are ANSI Grade 1 certified, which is the same level of security as a regular non-electronic deadbolt. The Kwikset and Yale are Grade 2, which is the same as a standard locking door handle. The way I looked at it was the whole point of a deadbolt is to provide security above and beyond that of a regular door handle...if you don't care about that, then it doesn't matter which one you get. You could also consider getting an automated handle set as opposed to deadbolt.

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    Currently I am using Schlage. Pretty happy with it on my front door, going on four years now maybe longer. The dead bolt is kind of stupid as it does not auto retract like the kwikset one does. So I put the dead bolt on the garage door. I don't deadbolt the house unless on vacation so I am not sure I want the deadbolt automated anyway.

Now to your question, I am thinking of getting the kwikset deadbolt to try out. One thing is for certain and that the automated locks are simply awesome. The battery died in the front door and my wife had to use her key, dam near brought the house down with "why didn't you replace the battery sooner". Very high WAF on that one.

Leave a comment:

• rkshack
    started a topic Deciding between locks

Deciding between locks

I am trying to decide between Kwikset 99140-003 vs Yale YRD110-ZW-0BP.

Any one with an opintion on which one wold be more secure but also have good functiionality?

rkshack
Working...
X