How much support is expected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mrhappy:

1) Well in one case I turned of my projector (thru the drhsIpPlugIn which sends an IP command over Ethernet to a Global Cache GC100 which translates the IP command to IR and fires that to the projector IR receiver). However the drhsIpPlugIn was not triggered by the event, instead lamps in wlak in closet got orders (from the log):
    aug-28 16:11:09 Device Control Device: Walk-in-closet Taklampa Switch Binary 1 to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-28 16:11:09 Device Control Device: Walk-in-closet Taklampa Switch Binary 1 to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-28 16:11:09 Device Control Device: Walk-in-closet LED list Switch Binary to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-28 16:11:09 Device Control Device: Walk-in-closet LED list Switch Binary to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-28 16:11:08 Device Control Device: Walk-in-closet LED list Switch Binary to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Now the "funny thing" is, there is no way to controll them like that - there are no events that even does this - either both are on or both off - and it is controlled by a door sensor (fibaro's). If the door opens then ligths on, door closed is lights off - not one on and the other off. And why multiple commands?

So what started with a "turn off projector" over a plugin, ended up in z-wave commands instead of calling the plugin, and transmit IP-commands.

Why the walk-in-closet was choosen for this replace plugin command with random Z-Wave transmitt - well I have no idea. But it is wrong.

2) Let's take the one from yesterday: When I arrived home one lamp (out of three) was on, at 50% dim level. Ehh? Okay - why on in the first place, and why only one out of three? Hmmm...

Okay, let's have a look at the log then:

Look at 10:53:09 - that is the one lamp controlled to 50% - however NO one is home, and there is nothing going on what-so-ever to even remotly fire an event. So let's double check the events that can control this device (this is from list of Events, filtered on that specific device):

As we can see there are no events fired at 10:53:09 - so the trigger and event is not from my rules/events/triggers/scenes.

This is random. And wrong.

3) Well I solved this by manually copy the Z-Wave.exe file into homeseer root directory so now I have the latest version of the Z-Wave plugin, but why do I even need to hack this? And when I did this I also noticed number 7 in the list: group 4096 does not exists, and most likely the reason I can not upgrade is due to lack of permissions for the copy or something...

4) I have turned everything with energy measures off - it does not work, I do not need it - but why even bother to include this if it is this bad?

5) No. What I am trying to achive is the "Hotel Switch" events back home, which when used is to set some VDs values to preset values, like saying "TOD = Morning" (TOD = Time Of Day). Push one of 4 buttons, and an event is supposed to be triggered. However when I try to define the event, the GUI ends in error.

This is the log from when I rescan the device, and it clearly shows the four buttons and scene activation:
    sep-06 19:27:50 Z-Wave Node 75 supports 4 scene buttons.
    sep-06 19:27:50 Z-Wave Node 75 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
    sep-06 19:27:49 Z-Wave All associations for node 75 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2, 3, 4.
    sep-06 19:27:49 Z-Wave Node 75 Association Group 4 can have 8 associations, and currently has 0
    sep-06 19:27:49 Z-Wave Node 75 Association Group 3 can have 8 associations, and currently has 0
    sep-06 19:27:49 Z-Wave Node 75 Association Group 2 can have 8 associations, and currently has 0
    sep-06 19:27:49 Z-Wave Node 75 Association Group 1 can have 8 associations, and currently has 0
    sep-06 19:27:48 Z-Wave Getting association information for node 75
    sep-06 19:27:48 Z-Wave Node 75 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3,42 App: 1.3
    sep-06 19:27:48 Z-Wave Node: 75 Supports Class(es): BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, PROTECTION, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, SCENE_CONTROLLER_CONF, NODE_NAMING, WAKE_UP
    Now when I enter into Events and tries to create an event with this:

Number Overflow - funny...

6) I will leave that for the moment...
    7) Mentioned above, so I leave that for the moment also...

So anyone with any great ideas?

Comment

I'm not neccessarily the one with all the answers but this is my interpretation...

1) Being as though the log entries suggest this is coming from a CAPI controller then this must have originated from within HS and also I would suggest from outside of the Z-Wave plugin. The fact there are multiple entries at exactly the same time then it is likely to be;

i) HSTouch screens - guess you can discount this as you don't run the HSTouch plugin
      ii) The Web UI - guess you can eliminate this because it should not be possibly to send this many commands in such a quick time period because it would be manual
      iii) A script - what sort of scripts are you running? It is possible (and the log entry about single instance scripts is also interesting) for scripts to be written that cause a lot of problems.

I would focus attention on point iii - ascertain whether there are any scripts that could be sending multiple CAPI requests in a short time period.

2) The fact there is no CAPI entry prior to the log entry that the lamps are on at 50% suggests to me based on my experience that the command has come from outside of HomeSeer (I use a method to check for the log entry of a CAPI control method to determine whether or not a device was controlled manually or via HomeSeer). It would be good of others to suggest whether or not this is the case but if the lamp is turning on then does this lamp have a manual control switch? Is it associated with any other Z-Wave device that could be turning it on/off? Is it always the same device that turns on?

3) I don't know - I don't run Linux and am not seeking to excuse the software, just if there were four copies of the plugin running I would expect it to have issues.

4) Agreed but I have talked enough about the Energy API in numerous threads, I believe it should be fixed also.

5) Granted I know very little about Z-Wave scenes but does this feature only show up if you actually have Z-Wave scenes in HomeSeer? I've looked at the Z-Wave help files and can see all sorts of configuration for the nodes to trigger a scene that need to be set up - have you done any of this?

6 & 7) Understood

Comment

That could also related to the voltage drop into the raspbeery PI and or the PI 2 is weak. Solution; spend some money on a voltage regulated power supply or this box :http://www.hwhardsoft.de/english/web...uct-9998882797 and ask them to solder it for you. (NOTE : swapping your Zee S2 from its box will void your warranty! As if you care!) You will need that box if you still having problems.

Why? ====> You will need HS3 Pro licence and the all powerful raspberry PI 3 model B :https://www.raspberrypi.org/products...-pi-3-model-b/

NOTE :mine is not a definitive diagonsis of what's going on your end but years of experience with working on all sorts of hardware. So don't take my word for granted but a pinch of salt!

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

mrhappy:
          1) i - Don't use HSTouch since well it is not a full version which is needed to configure HSTouce - as I understand it, only some sort of light verison is included in the Zee S2. So I have it turned off completely. I would love to use it - but well the price....
          1) ii - Depend on what issue we talk about. The walk-in-closet (multiple commands/lines in LOG) then no not possible, when we talk about the lamp "liten glaslampa" well: No one is home, no remote connection available (firewall rules) - it simply can not happen controlled by user.
          1) iii - Yes I have ONE script. It collects 6 different lightsensors and a humidity sensor and moves a calculated value to a Virtual Device (call it "magic light level calculation"), and that is the one mentioned in the log. However the value presented by that calculation is above 300... So even if it could be involved in any freak way, well it's not 50 if you see what I mean... Also, I have a script that turns on my lights in bedroom, wake-up-light, however none of the devices in bedroom are involved in any issues (not yet anyway).

2) Good idea, however there is no manual switch connected to the Fibaro Dimmer (gen1). That lamp only has Z-Wave control (so far, in the future and all that.....). There simply is no way I can see this happening, except some sort of random error in the event engine or something.

3) One can copy the .exe file manually and get it working - which does indicate that the upgrade process is run with the wrong credentials and well most likely the wrong access rights in the file system. Some hacking later....

4) No one seems happy with the energy... then, like 6&7 then.

5) Well the "scene activation" command sent in Z-Wave is just like any remote command, it's just a command class of it own. Scene activation should work, some people on this forum seems to have it working, however it might not be to stable....

Eman:

My HomeSeer Zee S2 is used with the supplied power adapter, and that power adapter sits in an UPS (always on). So powerdrop on the powerline is not an issue, trust me in my case. I have far more sensitive things on that UPS...

Comment

"
            My HomeSeer Zee S2 is used with the supplied power adapter, and that power adapter sits in an UPS (always on). So powerdrop on the powerline is not an issue, trust me in my case. I have far more sensitive things on that UPS... "

You may be wright but also read this :https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...p?f=26&t=47716 then this : https://www.modmypi.com/blog/how-do-...y-raspberry-pi

I hope you sort this out. HomeSeer is so cool!, You don't want to be without it.
            The bad experience you are getting should be short lived. Remove all the gadgets and add one by one.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

That whole Z-Wave and PID thing is kind of odd and only seen using HTop. Don't see it using top.

I only see it with Z-Wave and not with other plugins. I do also see this with HSConsole.exe Just did a test here running Z-Wave locally and remotely and see the same thing relating to number of PIDs used for Z-Wave.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the tip Eman - I'll look into just to be safe! Can only hope it is not related to powersupply, but one should never say never!

Pete: Okey, good then I know that is at least "normal behavior" or something!

Today the system, so far, has been okay - let's hope it stays cool.

Comment

Working...
                X