• Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    User configurable...
    • Send email when MyHS has not heard from my server in XX minutes, XX hours
    • Repeat email every XX minutes, XX hours
    May be worth a feature request as it already has your email address to notify. I'll also run this by Rich as well.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    I'm not sure you would want a notification from myHS each time it couldn't connect to HS3 as there are times when this message is repeated at length when the service is having issues connecting to your server. It could be a temporary glitch in your network service and this would get old receiving messages from that service.
    User configurable...
    • Send email when MyHS has not heard from my server in XX minutes, XX hours
    • Repeat email every XX minutes, XX hours

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Mine is very stable and just keeps running. I am reliant on HomeSeer running, so I want to be notified if it is ever down, for any reason, including ISP, power, hardware or any other failure.

As Adam noted, this could be a feature baked in to MyHS. It could send an email when the system is offline. That would add value to the service.
    I'm not sure you would want a notification from myHS each time it couldn't connect to HS3 as there are times when this message is repeated at length when the service is having issues connecting to your server. It could be a temporary glitch in your network service and this would get old receiving messages from that service. You could always put in a Bugzilla request for this enhancement if you would like though.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I personally do not have any indicators that HS3 is running. Why is it you need to know? Is your setup not stable?
    Mine is very stable and just keeps running. I am reliant on HomeSeer running, so I want to be notified if it is ever down, for any reason, including ISP, power, hardware or any other failure.

As Adam noted, this could be a feature baked in to MyHS. It could send an email when the system is offline. That would add value to the service.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    Theres more than just instability, power failure, ISP failure etc - I know personally I could probably put a solution together (with some web hosting) but HS could even offer this as a function through the my MyHS interface that I guess knows whether a HS system is connected/disconnected and could send an email. HSSentry seems to have had a need for it and gone.
    If the power is off I'm not concerned about HS3 as it's useless in this scenario and there's not a lot I can do if I'm not home. When the power returns HS3 returns.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    I personally do not have any indicators that HS3 is running. Why is it you need to know? Is your setup not stable?
    Theres more than just instability, power failure, ISP failure etc - I know personally I could probably put a solution together (with some web hosting) but HS could even offer this as a function through the my MyHS interface that I guess knows whether a HS system is connected/disconnected and could send an email. HSSentry seems to have had a need for it and gone.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Hector;

When I am away and the house is empty (occupancy mode is vacation), I have HS send me a Pushover message once every 4 hours. If the messages stop, I can assume the server or my Internet connection is down.

I also run HSSentry to make sure that the program restarts if it crashes. My modem and router are automatically power cycled if my Internet connection goes down. If this doesn't work it tries again every 4 hours.

You also need to think about what you want to do in the event the HS server goes down. One easy solution is an IP controlled power outlet to allow you to power cycle your server. You just need to set the BIOS such that the computer will always return to power ON after power is applied. I have the ability to remote in to my servers and control them at the console level as long as my Internet connection is live. If it is down, there is nothing I can do.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    I have a HSTouch client (Joggler) on my office desk that shows the status of things back home. I also get TTS alerts.

When I'm in my truck, just the occasional text message keeps me alerted.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    started a topic Is HS running? When your away?

Is HS running? When your away?

I would like to know what others are doing to let them know if HS is running while your away from home?
Working...
X