Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset 910: Cannot get Lock/Unlock Commands to respond

Forum-

I am having issues with getting the Kwickset Smartcode 910 to effectively work and respond from Lock/Unlock commands from the device management screen. The following data is seen in the log:

Sep-21 12:39:07 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Front Foyer Front Door Deadbolt Sep-21 12:38:59 PM Device Control Device: Front Foyer Front Door Deadbolt to Lock (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Please see the attached image of the node information. I can see status changes when the lock is manually turned as well as lock opened via a code, but cannot control with other homeseer functions. Please any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

What controller are you using? Z-Net or ? How close is your controller to the lock? It's a bit odd that you're able to get status updates but not able to control the lock -- usually the issue is the reverse.

It appears your device added correctly, but locks can be finicky. May want to try to remove re add. Is the 910 a Z-Wave+ unit? In that case, you may (?) need a newer controller (Z-Stick or Z-Net).

Comment

Mike
      I have the aeon labs Z-Wave + Stick. I am about 30 feet away by bird shot between the lock and the stick. I had many issues as the forum mentioned about including this device and security. I have to continually push the program Key on the lock for home seed to include successfully. This unit is not a z-wave plus unit but however is HomeKit capable.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it work consistently if you move the lock and Z-Stick closer together? This sounds like a range issue. Locks many times have short ranges due to the antennas being enclosed within the door.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Kwikset 910: Cannot get Lock/Unlock Commands to respond

This is odd as if you look at my neighbors around the node, I have homeseer light switches within 3 ft and 5 ft respectively that should direct that message based on the mesh networking zwave protocol enables, that is what is confusing me here. I can understand if it was the only device at that distance, but I have homeseer switches everywhere that should help this message issue.... IS there some debug that can be enabled beyond the basic log output to get a better insight of message req/ack flow?

Comment

Originally posted by supergolfstick View Post
            This is odd as if you look at my neighbors around the node, I have homeseer light switches within 3 ft and 5 ft respectively that should direct that message based on the mesh networking zwave protocol enables, that is what is confusing me here. I can understand if it was the only device at that distance, but I have homeseer switches everywhere that should help this message issue.... IS there some debug that can be enabled beyond the basic log output to get a better insight of message req/ack flow?
            You can enable debug from the /ZWaveConfig page. Have you optimized the network a few times, including the locks? For some zwave interfaces, the Node Information screen will show the routing to the node. Not sure if that is supported for the Aeon Z-Wave+ Stick.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here we have 4 of the Kwikset locks installed, with patience, it took a few tries to include them. They are fully optimized, three of them use a direct route to the Z net controller.
              It's frustrating but once in a while we get the exact same errors.

Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Front Door

These are the only devices in our house that ever fail being reached by zwave.
              Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
              | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
              Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
              BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
              X