Best way to create virtual thermostats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to create virtual thermostats?

I have Z-wave relays connected to a number of actuators that controls floor heating in all rooms. I have separate RFXCOM temp sensors in each room. Another relay is turned on by the heat pump when heat is produced.

I would like to create a virtual thermostat for each room that may be controlled through HSTouch. The thermostat should have one setpoint for "Comfort mode" and one for "Eco mode". It gets input from the temp sensor to decide if to turn on heating, i.e. the relay that controls the actuator. If the heat pump is not producing heat all thermostats should be disabled, i.e. the relay has been turned off.

I would appreciate advices on how these could be achieved in HomeSeer, maybe through scripting or a plugin.

Take a look at the virtual thermostat in your RFXCOM plugin. Its in the virtual devices menu. You assign a sensor and a device to control, like a heater or cooler
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Thank you for the tip. I've tried the RFXCOM virtual thermostat for a week or so. It matches pretty much the functionality I'm after. Though I've run into a few problems.

-The virtual thermostat only supports binary switches, not dimmers. I have two RGBW devices that controls the actuators and they show up as dimmers in HS. I solved this with virtual devices which I control with the virtual thermostat. When the virtual device is turned on/off an event will turn the RGBW module on/off.

- There is a Day and Night mode which I would like to use as "Normal" and "Eco" mode (when away for example). The problem is that these set points are not presented as separated devices but need to be set within the virtual "Mode" device (that is part of the virtual thermostat). I don't know what I could do to be able to control these set points from HSTouch?

- There is a set point that actually is presented as an own device but this set point only control the thermostat when in Manual mode. I have linked a slider in HSTouch so I at least may control this mode. Issue here is that I can only change the temp with a whole degree up or down. As I'm using the Celcius scale I would like be able to change the set point in steps of 0.5. The thermostat device is setup so it should be possible but the limitation seems to lie with the slider in HSTouch which only accepts the step to be an integer.

Any ideas how I could approve things would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X