Downloading Global Cache Plugin Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading Global Cache Plugin Error

I keep trying to download th Global Cache Plugin and keep getting this error. What do I do?

"Install/Update of package HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller failed."

You should try using the Pro version in the Beta section. It's the same plug in, only better. ..
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Ok, I see it. Thanks I hadn't been in the beta section before. What kind of Remote do you use for Homeseer? Got any voice commands working? I'm coming over from control 4, and it had a RF remote linked to the control box like the Harmony setup where the control box sent out IR with the emitter leads. I'm not seeing a RF Remote setup to get signals inside the cabinet to Homeseer. So I'm thinking of setting up voice command for "watch tv", and "play Xbox". Any ideas on how I get voice command to work?

Comment

Here we use a small remote, Minimote. It uses zwave to communicate to HS. We also use three Echo 's around the house to control lights and events.
        Blair

Comment

I have a Minimote. So to get voice to work, you have to have an Amazon Echo, or use the Smartphone Siri plugins?
          The Echo has to be connected to the Internet as well right? It's not something that operates on the LAN right?

Comment

Echo is cloud based. You have to use myhs to get voice control to work.
            Blair

Comment

OP seemed you be talking about controlling AV devices which are typically IR controlled, not z-wave. You have a couple of options for that. The square connect ir blaster, the global cache one or a harmony remote. I tried the first two initially. Whilst they work well as blasters you have to teach homeseer every single command from your original remote. I have up as the setup just want slick enough. It took ages just to set up a handful of them.
              I then got a harmony smart hub. You get a harmony app on your phone, plus a physical remote and the hub, which is a kind of ir blaster. This has harmony's renowned easy setup. Tell it your devices, set up activities (like watch tv) and it will switch on the relevant devices and send volume commands to your amp, channel commands to your telly etc.
              The hub is connected to your WiFi and there is a homeseer plugin for it. This is easy to set up, which then let's you either control activities (meaning you can have an event that when you go out turns off the lights AND the TV for example) or you can send individual commands, so you can build a complete remote control in HSTouch. I've not bothered with the latter. I use a handful of basic events to turn the TV age other equipment off when going out or in the event of fire, or muting them when the phone or doorbell ring.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
                OP seemed you be talking about controlling AV devices which are typically IR controlled, not z-wave. You have a couple of options for that. The square connect ir blaster, the global cache one or a harmony remote. I tried the first two initially. Whilst they work well as blasters you have to teach homeseer every single command from your original remote. I have up as the setup just want slick enough. It took ages just to set up a handful of them.
                Both the UltraGCIR and the HS pro plugin can import the IR code files from the Global Cache website, so for most devices, you no longer need to learn them from the remote.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I downloaded GC Pro, but I get this error message. ideas on what it means?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'd call customer service. I've registered three copies of GC Pro and each time I had to call them and they wiggle something and tell me to try it again.
                    I didn't get the same error as this, looks like you have something else going on....
                    Blair

Comment

I sent them an email, apparently, there was no email address associated with my account while registering the HS3. So I re-did the registration and got GC to enable.
                      So this box only has 3 IR ports, does that mean it can only control 3 devices? Thinking about it, everything but the TV is IP controlled anyways so I guess I'm still good.
                      So I hook the IR lead going to the TV to port 1, tell the plugin that port 1 is a Samsung TV. This is as far as I've gotten.
                      I think now I'll have to create an event for power on and off, and it should work. I'll work on that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                        I sent them an email, apparently, there was no email address associated with my account while registering the HS3. So I re-did the registration and got GC to enable.
                        So this box only has 3 IR ports, does that mean it can only control 3 devices? Thinking about it, everything but the TV is IP controlled anyways so I guess I'm still good.
                        So I hook the IR lead going to the TV to port 1, tell the plugin that port 1 is a Samsung TV. This is as far as I've gotten.
                        I think now I'll have to create an event for power on and off, and it should work. I'll work on that tonight.
                        You can control additional devices. You could either connect one output to an IR distribution system (Xantech being one of the most common, but does require a converter cable), use dual IR emitters so you can control up to 6 devices, or use an IR blaster.
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm not sure this is working. There's no function codes loaded. How do I get the codes loaded?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes the download doesn't work right, looking at your screen shot I see you downloaded no functions. Select your Samsung TV again you should see a list of functions, usually more than you'll need so in that screen you can move the functions you don't need into the left window, every thing in the right window becomes part of the device that will be in your device manager.
                            Blair

Comment

Using a 3.5mm mono splitter in port one and two, I connected four emitters that controls a wall TV (4 - 55 inch Samsung monitors)

Like AL said if you run a blaster in port 3 you can control a tv, sound bar and cable box, in the configuration it shows up as 3-1 tv, 3-2 sound bar, 3-3 cable box
                              Blair

Comment

Working...
                              X