Logitech Z-wave extender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Z-wave extender?

I remember a thread on here about a year ago discussing the Logitech Extender, but I could not find it.

Anyone ever get anything working with it? I want to do some simple things like "Hit Pause on Logitech remote, dim lights to 20% in the room" or "Hit stop on remote and lights come all the way up"

Anyone get anything like that going?

Nevermind, I found the thread. Looks like it is a kludge at best.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
      Nevermind, I found the thread. Looks like it is a kludge at best.
      Have you also looked into the Free Java software that can do this?

See post#39 here:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=bridge&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        I remember a thread on here about a year ago discussing the Logitech Extender, but I could not find it.

Anyone ever get anything working with it? I want to do some simple things like "Hit Pause on Logitech remote, dim lights to 20% in the room" or "Hit stop on remote and lights come all the way up"

Anyone get anything like that going?
        Also for only doing what you have requested above I think you only need the harmony plugin.

The plugin scans the current status of the remote (might be only the scenes) and updates homeseer which you can make an event that if this is this then change lights.

The Bridge Java is really made to control z-wave devices separately either via the touch screen or the home buttons (light bulbs or outlets). That's also what the the Extender will do, but the bridge allows more flexibility. you can create virtual devices and use them to send http commands to any device you choose. So there is no compatibility chart like the extender would have.

Comment

Working...
        X