Trane XL524 newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane XL524 newbie questions

Model number is XR524, not XL as the title states.

I have not purchased a thermostat yet or a controller. Will most likely be getting the Homeseer Zee S2.

I have a few questions:
    - This unit is not on the Trane website, but on Nexia, and says it requires a Nexia hub. will it work fine with Homeseer?
    - This unit says it stores the program on the device, with 4 schedules a day. Can this unit be programmed from both the unit, and the Z-wave controller?
    - using the Z-wave controller, can it have more than 4 schedules a day?
    - Can the touchscreen be locked remotely with the Homeseer interface?
    - Can you remotely see what the current temperature is on the unit?
    Last edited by CinBRandon; October 5, 2016, 02:24 PM.

I have the XL624 so I believe the XL524 should be the same.

- This unit is not on the Trane website, but on Nexia, and says it requires a Nexia hub. will it work fine with Homeseer?

This stat talks Z-wave which will also work with HS.

- This unit says it stores the program on the device, with 4 schedules a day. Can this unit be programmed from both the unit, and the Z-wave controller?

I run events on HS to control mine and don't bother with any schedule on the stat itself. Kinda defeats the integration with having it part of your HA. While I never use my stat via setting schedules on the unit, I believe whatever HS changes during the schedule programmed in the stat, will override the settings on the stat - much like you doing it manually

- using the Z-wave controller, can it have more than 4 schedules a day?

You can create any number of events to control the stat and am not limited.

- Can the touchscreen be locked remotely with the Homeseer interface?

I'm not certain about locking the screen. However, you can always create an event to enforce your set points should it be changed during a given period.

- Can you remotely see what the current temperature is on the unit?
    Yes, HS will report the current temp as well as any set point, mode, fan mode, current operation.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks Robert.

BTW: I think the model number is actually XR524, not XL524. But same info.
      thanks.

I'm open to any "neat" and fun ideas of things to do since using HA thermostats, versus regular thermostat.

some info: my two downstairs units will be on HA, plus a third upstairs. The bottom area is very open, but has two units. So within reason, they usually need to be within a few degrees of each other, or one ends up running to make up for the other unit being set to a higher/lower temp.

Comment

Please confirm
        Willa Trane XL624 that says it works with the Trane Nexia Bridge definitely work with Homeseer?

Thanks.

Comment

just installed a Trane XR524 Z-Wave Thermostat

I just picked up a new Trane XR524 Z-Wave Thermostat and it is connected to my Homeseer setup. I am going to look into what I can do to control my HVAC system.

Comment

Just installed first XL624 with Homeseer.

On HSTouch, when I go to Climate, I can see it. But Current status, Heat and Cool are all "0" (zero). and I cannot turn them up or down.

When I go to "Lighting and Devices" on the main HSTouch screen, I can find it under Node 3. Though on my controller I have it on floor "upstairs" and room "Bonus room".
            There are multiple values of the unit such as Operating State, Setpoint, Temperature, Mode, Fan Mode, etc. Some of the parameters such as Fan Mode and Setpoint I can click on and get another screen. But it won't let me select any of those options either.

This may or may not be affecting things: When I move a device to a "floor" and "room," on the controler software, that does not seem to be translating to the HSTouch software.
            Last edited by CinBRandon; November 15, 2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X