GE vs. Lutron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE vs. Lutron

I posted this in the lighting section but thought maybe this place was more appropriate since I am a newbie. Just wanted to get a quick description and an opinion on what you guys think work best, or what you think I should get. First of all I am going to be using HomeSeer for my setup. I want to use various lighting setups throughout the house, On/off light switches, dimmer light switches, and fan 3 speed switches. I am debating between these two brands. GE and Lutron. I will also be using a Harmony Elite remote to control the switches. Which ones are better and more reliable? Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and I will be using curtain/shades switches too. Thanks

You should consider the HomeSeer line of switches as they are the only one to support single tap, double tap, and triple tap triggering.
    https://shop.homeseer.com/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      You should consider the HomeSeer line of switches as they are the only one to support single tap, double tap, and triple tap triggering.
      https://shop.homeseer.com/
      Does HS make a 3 speed fan control switch? Or is there some other way to control the fan speed? I searched on the link you provded and only found a GE fan control. I am also just getting started and I would like to have fan controls in all my bedrooms. I already planed to use HS dimmers for the double and triple tap functions.
      Last edited by wsume99; October 19, 2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsume99 View Post
        Does HS make a 3 speed fan control switch? Or is there some other way to control the fan speed? I searched on the link you provded and only found a GE fan control. I am also just getting started and I would like to have fan controls in all the my bedrooms. I already planed to use HS dimmers for the double and triple tap functions.
        The GE is the only option we currently carry. These work very well.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Could you not just use the HS dimmer switch?

Comment

Originally posted by nufun View Post
            Could you not just use the HS dimmer switch?
            Can't run a fan on a dimmer. It will likely damage the fan and the dimmer. Motors aren't designed to run on the chopped waveform that the dimmer puts out.

Comment

For lights I think the HS switches are the way to go. Z wave plus, and you're more or less guaranteed they'll always work with HS3.

Comment

Working...
              X